2015 Opponent Previews: Miami

Athlon Sports

Al Golden has been at Miami four seasons and has yet to elevate the Hurricanes back to the ACC's elite. He has loads of talent — the Canes had seven players drafted in April — but hasn't been able to win a division crown. The offense has been solid every year Golden has been in Coral Gables. However, his defenses have been a major liability. With a star developing at quarterback, will 2015 finally be the season Miami returns to ACC title contention?

http://athlonsports.com/college-football/top-25/miami-hurricanes-2015-preview-and-prediction#sthash.4LzWucUw.dpuf

Scout.com

Patience for Al Golden is becoming increasingly thin.

Golden inherited a difficult situation at Miami, a point with which few will disagree. But he owns 2014, and he certainly owns whatever happens with the Canes in the upcoming years. And after four seasons of mostly mediocrity, the team’s fan base is quickly losing faith in the current regime. Talent has not necessarily been the issue, as evidenced by the gaggle of former Canes that participated in February’s NFL Combine.

Molding that talent into a consistent winner, however, has vexed a staff that went 6-7 a year ago and is just .500 overall in league games. If Miami treads water for much longer, it’s Golden’s career that could wind up sinking to the bottom of Biscayne Bay.

It’s been a challenging past decade for Miami football. The most challenging one since the pre-Howard Schnellenberger era of the 1970’s. Since 2003, the once-mighty Canes have had more NCAA run-ins than combined 10-win seasons, top 10 finishes, conference titles and major bowl invitations

. And their last postseason victory was in 2006, Larry Coker’s final year. Miami is only slightly better than average these days, a reality that’s taken time for many, in and out of the program, to adopt.

http://cfn.scout.com/2/1553337.html

SBNation: Al Golden hasn't restored Miami's dynasty, but he's actually doing a decent job

At a school with less of a history, Al Golden would be on track. His program dealt with a long NCAA investigation and self-imposed sanctions from basically the moment he walked in the door, then began to rebound. It bottomed out in his second year, going 7-5 and ranking 60th in the F/+ ratings. In his third year, it improved to 42nd. In his fourth, 31st.

For the first time since his predecessor's last year, his team fielded a top-50 defense, and last year his team was held back by youth, awful turnovers luck (minus-3.4 points per game), close-game issues (0-2 in one-possession games, 0-4 in games decided by 11 or fewer points), and a late-season collapse.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2015/6/22/8816887/miami-hurricanes-football-2015-preview-schedule-roster

More to come...

• Fire 2

An in-law of mine is one of the few genuine graduates of Miami. He takes the games WAY too seriously. After last year's Husker win, he wouldn't speak to me for weeks on social media. And admitted the loss was the reason.

You think we're hungry for a return to glory? If my relative is any indication, Miami is maybe even hungrier.

Living in Tampa, I see mostly Seminole and Gator fans, since Miami is the smallest of the bunch. But if they show up for this game the crowd could be a factor. Don't laugh. Miami and Nebraska have so much history I wouldn't be surprised to see a great turnout for this game. I thought about going down, for about 5 seconds. But I have a huge TV, a fridge, a pool, and palm trees right here at my place.

Looking forward to this one!

I agree, what other fans hire someone to fly a "fire this coach" banner around the stadium?

They flew it outside the national championship game! While everyone was pregaming.

This is Al Goldens last chance. We need to beat nebraska. If we have another dissapointing year like last year. He is gone!

I'm telling you, Brad Kaaya did great last year for a true freshman. Last year in front of all the husker fans. Big expectations from him next season

I agree, what other fans hire someone to fly a "fire this coach" banner around the stadium?

They flew it outside the national championship game! While everyone was pregaming.

This is Al Goldens last chance. We need to beat nebraska. If we have another dissapointing year like last year. He is gone!

I'm telling you, Brad Kaaya did great last year for a true freshman. Last year in front of all the husker fans. Big expectations from him next season

So if Golden doesn't turn things around, Canes fans gonna be like

3386236.jpg

I agree, Kaaya looks good. He could save Goldens job this season.

For those who don't know, apparently Brad Kaaya's mother is the actress that played the crackhead Felicia (pictured above) in the movie "Friday".

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 months later...