Cost of Attendance

Take a look at this article from ESPN. Is anybody surprised that the SEC managed to have 7 of the top 20 teams?

Personally, I'd like to see the amount given to athletes standardized to a flat rate, as there is a clear recruiting advantage to schools who are able to give recruits thousands more in pocket money.

LINK

EDIT: Another LINK, this time to an article that provides more in depth information.

• Fire 1

Three of the top four programs are from the Southeastern Conference: Tennessee ($5,666), Auburn University ($5,586), and Mississippi State ($5,126).

Since tuition was already covered I guess extra $$ are for the cost of living in those cities. So Knoxville, Auburn AL and Oktibbeha County MS must be really, really expensive places to live. :rolleyes:

Three of the top four programs are from the Southeastern Conference: Tennessee ($5,666), Auburn University ($5,586), and Mississippi State ($5,126).

Since tuition was already covered I guess extra $$ are for the cost of living in those cities. So Knoxville, Auburn AL and Oktibbeha County MS must be really, really expensive places to live. :rolleyes:

Total BS.....those places aren't any more expensive than Lincoln.

I wonder how big of a jump happened after the cost of attendance became a recruiting tool?

Hard to say. But those schools offer approximately $2,000 more than Nebraska can each year, which can amount to $8k to $10k (with a redshirt year) more over the course of a players career.

If a standardized amount isn't implemented, it's not hard to imagine some pretty funny accounting going into 'cost of attendance' at major football schools, in order to provide the most money to student athletes.