Unofficial B1G Media Preseason Poll

Maliek Collins may be #6 on their Pre-Season list, but he'll be #1 Defensive Player of the Year in the vote that matters.

There is a DE at OSU that might have something to say about that.

Yep, I agree...Bosa is by far the best defensive player in the B1G. He was the best last year IMO.

Maliek Collins may be #6 on their Pre-Season list, but he'll be #1 Defensive Player of the Year in the vote that matters.

Yep, I agree...Bosa is by far the best defensive player in the B1G. He was the best last year IMO.

Well, let's let them play the games this year before we start crowning players. One heck of a lot can happen between now and December.

Well, let's let them play the games this year before we start crowning players. One heck of a lot can happen between now and December.

I think Bosa has already been crowned. As a true sophomore last year (same as Collins), he was a consensus 1st team all-american, 1st team all B1G, and the B1G defensive player of the year.

I think Bosa has already been crowned. As a true sophomore last year (same as Collins), he was a consensus 1st team all-american, 1st team all B1G, and the B1G defensive player of the year.

And things like injuries never happen.

I'm aware of that. My prediction might be the Husker fan in me speaking a little bit, but I think the possibility is very real. DE gets a little more glory than DT, but I really think Collins will be closer to the top of this list by the time it's all said and done. Maybe top 2-3 Defensive Players in the B1G. Calhoun at Michigan St. gets a lot of respect too. The guy is a beast. I'd still take Maliek over him though.

Collins could definitely become the best D player in the B1G. If Banker does what he says and lets these guys attack, Collins could very well have an outstanding year. He was unstoppable last year when he was let loose but it didn't happen very often.

I just love the way Bosa plays. That guy has an endless motor and it tough to block. Reminds me of JJ Watt.

I think we are getting very rose colored glasses here. Collins needs to take a step to get to the 1st team conference/all America level, which we are all hoping he does. But Bosa is already there.

Sam M has Collins as the 7th best defensive player in the BIG, and 3rd best DT. There are 4 Buckeyes ahead of him (DE Bosa, LB Lee, SS Bell, DT Washington), 1 Lion (DT Zettlel), and 1 Spartan (DE Calhoun).

Wisconsin is the easy pick in the West because of their ridiculously easy crossover schedule.

No kidding...who do they play this year in the crossover games? Our Lady Of The Worthless Miracle and Anderson Junior High

Because Purdue, Rutgers, Illinois and Maryland is soooooooo much more pathetic than Purdue, Rutgers, Illinois and Michigan State.