Sipple: Husker fans would be wise to heed Dantonio's words

There is no need to justify Bo Pelini's firing.

Or to put it another way: imagine that Bo Pelini was coming back for his 8th year right now.

With the same staff.

How would you feel about the 2015 season?

giphy.gif

I would just have to start earlier, writing Pearlman, Eichorst and the Regents. Guaranteed a start of 1-2

• Fire 1

There is not one coach on the former staff that can hold a candle to anyone on the new staff. We do agree on something, the golf coach was one of the better coaches on the staff. That is truly embarrassing.

So, 10-2 minimum then?

That is where I am at.

I don't know about that. Ron Brown was/is a great coach. I think his priorities have changed and a lot of his energy is going into his ministry. Heck he is almost 60 years old. Barney Cotton is a better coach than any of you guys give him credit for and Katz it a very good coach. I think working with BP was probably not the best thing for him, though.

I definitely think our new staff is better overall though. They have a lot of experience and it is a very diverse experience. The man at the top really matters though when it comes to how a staff functions. Remember when everyone thought Brady Hokes staff was so great because he had veteran coordinators and lots of veteran assistants. It didn't work out so well did it. One of his former coordinators is now working at San Jose St. I heard it on the radio the other day, San Jose St?

When I used to coach HS football we had an assistant that was great coach knew his x and o's like nobody else, but he and the head man were like oil and water. Guess who got moved all the way down to coaching Jr High FB.

Every coach has football knowledge, but they have to work as a unit. It can't just be a collection of pieces. In the 90's Nebraska had all the pieces together coaching wise to put together the run, but everyone gets old and their priorities change. Milt and Dan Young just didn't want to recruit anymore. Tony Samual wanted to be a HC. Even if TO stays it most likely wouldn't have lasted that much longer.

• Fire 1

I definitely think our new staff is better overall though. They have a lot of experience and it is a very diverse experience. The man at the top really matters though when it comes to how a staff functions. Remember when everyone thought Brady Hokes staff was so great because he had veteran coordinators and lots of veteran assistants. It didn't work out so well did it. One of his former coordinators is now working at San Jose St. I heard it on the radio the other day, San Jose St?

Those were the days.

#nostalgia

Those were the days.

#nostalgia

I remember when everyone couldn't stop laughing and waiting for the inevitable when he hired that crusty old offensive coordinator. Dont' know about the others, but in that particular instance, all I remember was people pointing out how terrible of a pickup it was.

Those were the days.

#nostalgia

I remember when everyone couldn't stop laughing and waiting for the inevitable when he hired that crusty old offensive coordinator. Dont' know about the others, but in that particular instance, all I remember was people pointing out how terrible of a pickup it was.

Everyone was loving on the hires after Michigan went 11-2 and won a BCS bowl. Not so much after the last couple of years. My point is that these were veteran guys that had been highly successful in their careers but it didn't work at Michigan for what ever reason. Mostly it was Hoke at the top.

Those were the days.

#nostalgia

Al Borges? Who's been an OC for 30 years at places like Oregon, UCLA, Cal and Auburn? He came over with Hoke from San Diego State. He's old but I don't think people laughing at the move was the case. I mean, I'm sure there were a few here and there who would mock about any hire but most of what we heard here was how Hoke hired coordinators with experience and how they were all better than the inexperienced guys we had.

He's the one at San Jose State now but I don't think that was really what was happening circa 2011.