Defensive scheme

Brian Rosenthal@HuskerExtraBR 17m

Jack Gangwish on new #Huskers defense: "This is a more pin-your-ears-back-and-go-kill-somebody defense. Well, maybe not kill. But tackle."

While that sounds good in theory, I worry about offenses counter-attacking that and using our aggressiveness against us. Oh well, it will be fun to watch though.

I think people need to be careful about reading too much into that.

Compared to the last defense I think we will really be getting after the ball a lot more aggressively, but we will still be playing defense. This isn't happening in the backyard. I think this theory has been over simplified by some ColradoHusk, so I get where you're coming from.

Jack Gangwish on new #Huskers defense: "This is a more pin-your-ears-back-and-go-kill-somebody defense. Well, maybe not kill. But tackle."

While that sounds good in theory, I worry about offenses counter-attacking that and using our aggressiveness against us. Oh well, it will be fun to watch though.

better than running for 10 yards because our DL plays paddy-cake and doesn't pressure.

• Fire 3

You can have a controlled aggressive scheme. I'm not too concerned about this. Heck, it can't be any worse than what we have been seeing.

You can have a controlled aggressive scheme. I'm not too concerned about this. Heck, it can't be any worse than what we have been seeing.

Agree, it can't be any worse. I love watching an aggressive D, so it could be fun to watch.

• Fire 2

I found this tweet to be very interesting.

World-Herald Big Red@OWHbigred 6m

Daniel Davie says no safety over the top in new system is different for cornerbacks. Watch live: http://bit.ly/1NawZbK

Kind of the first comments directly from a player I have seen pertaining to specific changes in the scheme. Hopefully this allows for more run support up front.

I thought that was interesting as well. Not sure it will change a whole lot as far as numbers in run support go. Sounds like we'll play a lot of quarters coverage so the corners would each have the outside quarter and have to stay deeper than the receiver instead of being as aggressive underneath when they know they have safety help over the top.

Previously our safeties were very active in run support. Now they'll have their middle quarters to cover so I don't think the run support numbers will be a lot different. We'll see....

• Fire 1