Who will the Qb's Be?

Obviously I would like the qb the coaches think match up to their system and expectations the best. I think that is more important than trying to get any 4-5 star qb. If the coaches think a convention drop back qb is best for the offense then so be it. If they think there is a dual-threat qb that would match up very well, cool. The majority of the qb's that are in the limelight are probably very trainable and have the athletic skills to blend into the system. I don't have any favorites at this time. I guess I should watch video and try to form some kind of consensus. NAH I'll sheep this one and follow the experts.

cough cough recruiting forum cough cough..

besides that I think the Dual threat QB is without-a-doubt-indubitably-no way you can live without it- commodity in the NCAA. Tommie Frazier, Kordell Stewart, Vince Young, Brad Smith, just naming a few off the top of my head here but dual threat QB's win the big games for you(aka the NC game.. cough cough miami 95(A WHOLE BRAVE NEW WORLD), florida 96)... without that extra UMPH you are @#$$ed... look at what that michigan pocket passer did to us (chad henne) in the alamo bowl... that guy never runs but he still gave his team crucial first downs when we had all of the michigan receivers covered. if a QB can run you are GOLD in NCAA football.. if you think otherwise then tell me how mizery beat us. you can say its because of the prevent defense but we all know its because they had a guy who could throw and RUN THE @#@#ing BALL, exactly why Texas is the national champs...

we dont need a michael vick or a marcus vick(if we get one we need to get rid of them ASAP) we need a Daunte Culpepper(other than the stripboat incident daunte has been clean, if im wrong say otherwise and i will stand corrected) or a Steve Young(believe it or not this guy did run and was accurate).

as for miami 95, that was the greatest football game i ever watched. you know you have a great team when the opposition can cover your dual threat QB and your thug RB. But you can give it to your badass FB and have him score TWO touchdowns. the most thrilling game i have ever watched. plus it took only 4 quarters to tell who was the most conditioned and better coached team. more so than 96 fiesta bowl when we murdered spurrier's team.

If you ask me that is what a Dual threat QB will give you. I think we should always recruit dual threat QB's. even if they dont see the field we still dont have to worry about getting raped by said QB.

cough cough recruiting forum cough cough..

besides that I think the Dual threat QB is without-a-doubt-indubitably-no way you can live without it- commodity in the NCAA. Tommie Frazier, Kordell Stewart, Vince Young, Brad Smith, just naming a few off the top of my head here but dual threat QB's win the big games for you(aka the NC game.. cough cough miami 95(A WHOLE BRAVE NEW WORLD), florida 96)... without that extra UMPH you are @#$$ed... look at what that michigan pocket passer did to us (chad henne) in the alamo bowl... that guy never runs but he still gave his team crucial first downs when we had all of the michigan receivers covered. if a QB can run you are GOLD in NCAA football.. if you think otherwise then tell me how mizery beat us. you can say its because of the prevent defense but we all know its because they had a guy who could throw and RUN THE @#@#ing BALL, exactly why Texas is the national champs...

we dont need a michael vick or a marcus vick(if we get one we need to get rid of them ASAP) we need a Daunte Culpepper(other than the stripboat incident daunte has been clean, if im wrong say otherwise and i will stand corrected) or a Steve Young(believe it or not this guy did run and was accurate).

as for miami 95, that was the greatest football game i ever watched. you know you have a great team when the opposition can cover your dual threat QB and your thug RB. But you can give it to your badass FB and have him score TWO touchdowns. the most thrilling game i have ever watched. plus it took only 4 quarters to tell who was the most conditioned and better coached team. more so than 96 fiesta bowl when we murdered spurrier's team.

If you ask me that is what a Dual threat QB will give you. I think we should always recruit dual threat QB's. even if they dont see the field we still dont have to worry about getting raped by said QB.

drunken rant forgive me.

• 1 month later...

its tough to get frustrated at this point.... there could be some amazing QBs out there that are rated lower right now, they havnt even played their senior years yet. Also keep in mind they havnt even seen the huskers success in 06... which hopefully will turn some heads in our direction as the season progresses, think what those kids will think if we beat USC and TEXAS. :thumbs

• 1 month later...
Guest greenbayhusker

I think we'll walk away with both/either Jarrett Lee and/or Latravis Washington. I would love to include Phillip Bates in there and maybe he'll decommit from Iowa State (one year plus is a long time) but I'm trying to be realistic here. Also, I think the big time high school quarterbacks aren't looking to play for a team that seems to be in a rebuilding mode or that has a guaranteed starting quarterback coming back. We'll start to see those quarterbacks start looking at us once we show them we can run this West Coast Offense and develop the highly recruited quarterbacks that came here before them (Harrison Beck).

:restore

I think we'll walk away with both/either Jarrett Lee and/or Latravis Washington. I would love to include Phillip Bates in there and maybe he'll decommit from Iowa State (one year plus is a long time) but I'm trying to be realistic here. Also, I think the big time high school quarterbacks aren't looking to play for a team that seems to be in a rebuilding mode or that has a guaranteed starting quarterback coming back. We'll start to see those quarterbacks start looking at us once we show them we can run this West Coast Offense and develop the highly recruited quarterbacks that came here before them (Harrison Beck).

:restore

I'm leaning that way also

with all the offers out..who will be in pads for NU next year? i have to say forcier, washington, lee and bates all are very in reach but what do you guys think?

Bates has committed to ISU and, from what I've gathered, wasn't given serious attention as a Qb with NU. Forcier committed to UCLA. If we could get either one to decommit, I would take Forcier.....but that would probably take an act of God. I think Lee is our best chance of the four that you mentioned. But we need two QBs in this recruiting class. I wouldn't be surprised if Cally goes to the JUCO ranks for one of the two.

i keep wondering why we can't attract the big name qb's this year? so far it looks like the best ones have ignored NU for other schools......am i nuts or does anyone else feel the frustration?

You're nuts....just kidding. I am surprised that the elite HS Qbs aren't lining-up to play with the Huskers. If you're talented, you will get playing time very soon. Beck has two years left when the new QB recruit joins the class. The WCO will help any HS QB recruit prepare for the pro level. What else would you want if you're looking to go Pro? So, I'm a little surprised that not more QBs have shown a high interest in NU.

I would say Jarret Lee and a JUCO QB. Their was a HUGE JUCO QB we were going to offer, but he commited to Florida. I just read his name today and have already forgotten it. But just look at Florida's commit list.

I believe LaTravis is being recruited for safety and possibly OLB. No offense to the guy, but his completion percentage is horrid. If you think Phillip Bates wasn't good for this offense, I don't see how LaTravis would be either.

I am surprised that the elite HS Qbs aren't lining-up to play with the Huskers. If you're talented, you will get playing time very soon. Beck has two years left when the new QB recruit joins the class. The WCO will help any HS QB recruit prepare for the pro level. What else would you want if you're looking to go Pro? So, I'm a little surprised that not more QBs have shown a high interest in NU.

they likely want to play for a staff that does a better job of developing there players then nu's staff has done. if we dont get a couple of good qbs, at least we still have joe ganz.

Considering the wealth and depth of talent for the last four years IMO the coaches are developing people as fast as they can and still work within the restrictions of the NCAA. For the qb I hope the staff looks for a athletic person. At least as good an arm as ZT but a step or two quicker. IMHFO.

And may your first grandchild be a masculine child.