Rivals 8/15/15 Scrimmage notes and video

Wordek

Gotta show it in practice before you deserve a shot on the field. I'm not a believer in someone all of a sudden just 'turning on the switch' in a live game scenario. There may be some players like that out there, but, they're a minority and often times not worth the risk unless you're put in a situation where you have to use them. I mean, if you're not reading defenses well in practice, or not managing the huddle well, or you're throwing picks, or any other negative thing, you're probably going to keep doing it in a game.

So you supported Keller over Ganz, right? :P

I support whoever gives us the best chance to win.

Possibly because of promise made he remains on the team. Bo did a good thing with the kid, but Coach Riley is now responsible for what ever happens to the kid. He has had major concussion problems. Possibly Coach Riley just is not willing/convinced he is up to par/can withstand live action. No idea. He did look good in the spring game, but fairly protected I think.

I am hoping for him he gets a chance, but I sure can respect a coach that did not recruit him, being concerned for his future.

Maybe way off base, but just a thought.

To me, Riley just describe the Huskers offense and defense over the past several years (making some big plays but not consistent with drives; while on defense an issue with tackling and giving up big plays).

It was also encouraging to hear that Tommy performed really well (passing and running).

And I'm thrilled to hear how well Stanley Morgan is doing so far. He is putting it together so quickly, and could possibly help ease the disappointing loss of DPE (for a chunk of the season). That would be terrific, but I won't put too high of expectations on just a true freshman. I'm just looking forward to his contributions and how he progresses.