Rivals 8/15/15 Scrimmage notes and video

Wordek

Interesting QB comments. Fyfe @ #2 seems to be gaining more and more traction. Didn't see any mention of Darlington at all.

In the spring Darlington was vastly more impressive than any of the other quarterbacks to me. He had such elusiveness and looked like he took control.

Interesting QB comments. Fyfe @ #2 seems to be gaining more and more traction. Didn't see any mention of Darlington at all.

In the spring Darlington was vastly more impressive than any of the other quarterbacks to me. He had such elusiveness and looked like he took control.

I agree, Darlington had a great spring game. I wonder what is holding him back from becoming a bigger part of the future plans? Nothing against Tommy and Fyfe obviously, both of those guys have their strengths and weaknesses, I just wonder what Darlingtons weaknesses are? He seemed to really look comfortable, go through his progressions well, and manage the offense as good as anybody on the roster. Was the Spring game just one of those times that Darlington looked better than usual? Conversely, you hear a lot about A.J. Bush looking good in practice, but in the spring game I was not impressed at all with him.

Darlington strikes me as a gamer - Fyfe strikes me as the opposite.

It's possible Fyfe is #2 because he practices very well, and Darlington doesn't. What little we saw of Fyfe in non-mop-up duty was obviously raw and unexpected, but he was an absolute deer in the headlights. Would be interesting to see the dynamic between the two in a live game situation vs in practice.

Gotta show it in practice before you deserve a shot on the field. I'm not a believer in someone all of a sudden just 'turning on the switch' in a live game scenario. There may be some players like that out there, but, they're a minority and often times not worth the risk unless you're put in a situation where you have to use them. I mean, if you're not reading defenses well in practice, or not managing the huddle well, or you're throwing picks, or any other negative thing, you're probably going to keep doing it in a game.

Gotta show it in practice before you deserve a shot on the field. I'm not a believer in someone all of a sudden just 'turning on the switch' in a live game scenario. There may be some players like that out there, but, they're a minority and often times not worth the risk unless you're put in a situation where you have to use them. I mean, if you're not reading defenses well in practice, or not managing the huddle well, or you're throwing picks, or any other negative thing, you're probably going to keep doing it in a game.

So you supported Keller over Ganz, right? :P

Hey, good for Fyfe, really.

Yea,there's always this vibe people put out as if Fyfe isn't good enough or hasn't earned this. He's had Stanton, Darlington, and A.J. Bush behind him on the depth last season, and now possibly will be establishing that order again under a new staff (minus Stanton of course).

Good for Ryker Fyfe.