BYU & Religion

Nobody should be suspended for the brawl. Memphis started it by having 5 guys jump our center. The only BYU players who should be suspended are those who did not come to the defense of their teammate. And all of last year's seniors.

Sounds like what Jesus would do.

Nobody should be suspended for the brawl. Memphis started it by having 5 guys jump our center. The only BYU players who should be suspended are those who did not come to the defense of their teammate. And all of last year's seniors.

techinically....yes yes it is.

• Fire 1

Technically, what? Remember when Peter drew his sword to defend Jesus and Jesus told him to put it away? Remember when Jesus taught if someone strikes you to turn the other cheek and let him strike it also? Remember when Jesus discredited eye for an eye and said not to resist an evil person? Remember when Jesus said blessed be the peacemakers? What about the part of loving your enemies?

• Fire 1

Technically, what? Remember when Peter drew his sword to defend Jesus and Jesus told him to put it away? Remember when Jesus taught if someone strikes you to turn the other cheek and let him strike it also? Remember when Jesus discredited eye for an eye and said not to resist an evil person? Remember when Jesus said blessed be the peacemakers? What about the part of loving yourarrow-10x10.png enemies?

remember how he beat people to drive them from the temple? remember how he overturned the tables?

• Fire 1

You mean Joseph Smith, don't you?

What's this crap got to do with the football game? Some fans on both sides need to grow up a lot. Talk football.

• Fire 2

You mean Joseph Smith, don't you?

What's this crap got to do with the football game? Some fans on both sides need to grow up a lot. Talk football.

Agreed.

• Fire 1

Hey BYU Mormons:

If it's necessary to have a body in order to become a God, then how did the Holy Spirit, who has none, become a God?

Why does the Book of Mormon say that black skin is a curse because of iniquity?

How could the Garden of Eden be in Missouri (according to Mormonism) when the Pearl of Great Price 3:10-14 tells us it was the area of Assyria when it mentions the rivers of Eden located there?

As with any religion, I think you'll find that there are perfectly accepted scholarly answers ("see pastor ____'s article...") or rebuttals ("actually, that isn't the correct interpretation because...") for all of those points.

Not that I'm not interested to hear the answers!

I'm actually sort of curious about the beliefs of the Mormon church, myself. I really don't know enough about it to say whether I agree or disagree with it. But I believe that every single Mormon person I've met has been honest and hardworking. Even my buddy who calls himself a Jack-Mormon. (He smokes and drinks. lol)

I took issue with the whole Husker fans berrating Mormonism a couple weeks ago on a facebook page. Continually biggoted meme's would get posted to the delight of the stupid. When I made mention it was in bad taste and that perhaps we should act like the greatest fans etc, I was met with the standard "grow a set and quit whining" reaction.

As a Husker fan I take pride in trying to be up to par with what other teams are about. Respect goes a long way in my book. Nebraska fans may still be great in person, but a lot have become just as bad as some of the douchiest fans out there when a keyboard is involved.

So if you are gonna be a douche at least get your facts straight when trying to rib a BYU fan.

• Fire 2

One religion calling out another... that's rich.

LMAO, No sh#t right?! +1

I want to know how this is any different than "fans of one college football team calling out another"

Nobody has really called anyone out, besides me posting a South Park video poking fun at Mormonism, which, I'm beyond happy to have someone posting South Park videos poking fun at anything I believe as well.