Happy Birthday NUPolo8!

Technically that wasn't a link, but rather just a clue for the few people that might be interested.....

Is it just Polo's board that can't be linked or even hinted at? I only ask because I see links and references all the time on HB to places such as Huskermax, cornnation, hail varsity, and many others. It doesn't seem like those get removed with prejudice like the aforementioned location. Really just curious. The internet is a big place. Can't imagine competition is really the issue.

Technically that wasn't a link, but rather just a clue for the few people that might be interested.....

Is it just Polo's board that can't be linked or even hinted at? I only ask because I see links and references all the time on HB to places such as Huskermax, cornnation, hail varsity, and many others. It doesn't seem like those get removed with prejudice like the aforementioned location. Really just curious. The internet is a big place. Can't imagine competition is really the issue.

its not

Yes, promoting other boards isn't allowed. I hope that's clear enough.

HuskerMax, Scout, Rivals, etc, don't occupy the same space and have other content. SB Nation and Hail Varsity are news sites.

The bottom line: if you're going to advertise, recruit, or promote for another Huskers message board, find some other place to do it. And good luck; I don't wish Polo or his board ill. But this is not an unusual policy. Thanks.

How come I've never been invited to this new board?

I don't believe it's invite only.

They told me I had to purify myself in Lake Minnetonka. After I jumped in, they told me that wasn't Lake Minnetonka.

The *Warning: Raw Sewage* signs are usually a dead giveaway.

Unexpected bonus: Now I glow in the dark.

Yes, promoting other boards isn't allowed. I hope that's clear enough.

HuskerMax, Scout, Rivals, etc, don't occupy the same space and have other content. SB Nation and Hail Varsity are news sites.

The bottom line: if you're going to advertise, recruit, or promote for another Huskers message board, find some other place to do it. And good luck; I don't wish Polo or his board ill. But this is not an unusual policy. Thanks.

That's fine. I think I now understand the official HB position on it a little better. It really is/was not my intention to advertise, recruit, or promote or to purposely skirt the rules. I've got nothing to gain.... Was only trying to be semi-helpful as a few people had indicated they might be interested in checking it out.

Out of shear curiosity, what sites occupy the same space. Well scratch that, I guess that would be like promoting them if you listed them for me. So, I guess my question has to be, what features determine that a site occupies the same space? I can't for the life of me imagine that it is very valuable to anyone to simply be able to register users and then have those users comment or respond to virtually any topic they desire. That is sort of the simplified version of what we do here, isn't it? Please keep in mind, I don't have a very good understanding of how the internet works moneywise. I understand that if you can get advertisers, and their demographic tends to be Husker sports fans, then there might be some competition there. But I really have never understood how simple clicks translate to $$'s. I don't get around much, 90%+ of my internet time is spent exclusively on HB. Maybe I'm some kind of cash cow and don't even realize it. :dunno