nebraska's pro day

Looks like Brandt might be reporting Ross' combine time...

Omaha World Herald:

Ross said he timed at 4.45 seconds in Lincoln after clocking at 4.53 last month.

or possibly 4.58 was Ross' 2nd run after 4.45?

They ran indoors on AstroTurf and did the drills indoors on FieldTurf

where do we still have the AstroTurf?? I though all our facilities were FT.

I just don't see Ross getting drafted. I do see him being picked up on waivers.

Agreed.

Bullocks' NFL combine goes well

BY DANIEL BULLOCKS / For the Lincoln Journal Star

Former Husker defensive back Daniel Bullocks is preparing for the 2006 NFL Draft (April 29-30). Each Wednesday, Husker Extra will highlight what he’s been up to, what he’s heard and what he’s seen along the road to the NFL.

I got done with the combine on Tuesday the 28th, and it went great. It was just a great opportunity to go down there and showcase my athleticism in front of the teams and general managers. And overall, I think my performance was great. I felt good, my drills were good, and I didn’t drop any balls.

I ran the 40 in 4.38, which was pretty good, but I thought I was gonna be faster. I was looking for something more like 4.33 or 4.32 because during my training I ran a 4.33. I also benched 225 pounds 18 times, but I was expecting to rep it about 22 times.

The scouts were pretty impressed with me. I really didn’t get any negative feedback from them. Coming in, they thought I’d run like a 4.5 or 4.6, so they were surprised at my time. They even said I looked better than my brother. Josh loved that. He kept saying the whole time that I was bigger and faster, but the scouts wouldn’t believe him. I guess they do now.

Daniel Bullocks runs the 40-yard dash during the NFL scouting combine in Indianapolis on Feb. 28. (AP)

One guy that really impressed me was the tight end from Maryland, Vernon Davis. He’s 250 pounds, and he ran the 40 in 4.38. He was movin’. I heard later that was the fastest 40 ever run by a tight end at the NFL combine.

I was surprised by all of the medical exams you go through there. I saw each team’s doctor, and every one pulled on me — ankles, shoulders, knees — and ran me through all kinds of X-rays and exercises. Luckily, I was one of the healthiest guys there, so that made my process go better. I got cleared 10 times faster because I’ve never had surgery, only an ankle sprain.

A majority of the guys had to go back to the hospital for more testing. Darnell Bing, USC’s safety, got sent back to the hospital for his shoulder. If one little thing was wrong with you, you knew where you were headed.

And everyone’s asking about the Wonderlic. I mean, it’s crazy — lots of crazy questions. I know I didn’t answer all 50 questions, maybe more like 30-some.

I’ve heard a lot of predictions about who wants me and what round I’ll go in — second round to Dallas, third round to Atlanta. It’s just a whole bunch of talk, but it’s kind of fun to hear what they’re saying.

I haven’t really set my sights on a particular team. I just want to be part of a good organization. Somewhere warm would be good, maybe back home in Tennessee. And it would be great to play with my brother Josh or Demorrio Williams again.

Yesterday, Atlanta came to work me out at Cook Pavillion. It was a great experience, and I can’t wait to work out with more teams.

Today is Pro Day, when several more NFL teams come here to Lincoln to work out a bunch of the seniors, and I’ve been looking forward to it.

I just don't see Ross getting drafted. I do see him being picked up on waivers. I sure hope I am wrong though!

I do think he will. He's a multipurpose backup RB who can fill a lot of roles and has shown he can carry a bigger load as well. He also does a lot of the little things that many of the pro offenses are going to need, blocking, catching the ball etc.

That said, his height will be a problem, he has good, but not great speed which will also hurt. I think he can go in the 5-7 range on day 2.

My guess he will go around the 5th. I think he will be drafted due to the fact that BC is the coach. I would guess there will be some questions due to his size but his heart is unquestioned. And BC will state that. BC is well thought of in the NFL and I think his comments will carry heavy weight on Cory. At least I sure hope so.. I have never much cared for Pro Football, but I will follow who ever Cory plays for.

Anyone hear how Cory's visit with the Colts went? I have no doubts about Corys ability to play in the NFL. His speed is not an issue, he makes up with acceleration. His size....uhem....Barry Sanders? I actually think it is scary to think what Cory could do behind a good offensive line, i dont think he's ever played behind one, at least at Nebraska that is.

Drafted or no... i'd like to see him go to the Broncos.

First of all, though I live in Colorado i'm not necessarily a Bronco fan (ZERO Huskers on the roster last season). <_<

Still, I think he'd be a good fit there. it might be a completely irrational observation but they seem to have a knack for taking *Who?* RBs and making them look good. Terrell Davis and Mike Anderson were both 6th rounders i think. even Dayne looked pretty good there last season after being declared a Bust in NY.

Plus, and most importantly, he's a Bronco fan, no?