Which hurt worse - this game or Wisconsin loss?

Dagerow

Which Wiscy loss, last year or the champ game meltdown, or when Russell Wilson torched us? Last year's Wiscy loss was far worse, we were humiliated in a big way. This loss hurts a bit, but overall I thought the team played a pretty good and courageous game. They could've folded prior to the Gerry pick, but that was the spark. I'm proud of the way they played--just needed to make one more.

Wisc., nothing positive to take from that game. Embarrassed on Nat'l TV.

Agree with both of these.

Both Wiscy losses hurt the national perception of the program. This game, not so much and if you follow our program you'll see some positives. On a personal level not important, but disappointed in this game and outraged and embarrassed over Wiscy games.

Wisconsin loss without question. Honestly, I think the only reason people seem to be up-in-arms today is they feel they got cheated out of a win. I think you would still have a relatively despondent fanbase if we'd lost by a touchdown but not in the last second.

The most recent Wisconsin game, however, was supposed to be the game Nebraska finally gets the big victory on the road, doesn't melt down, makes a statement and puts themselves in a position to contend for a conference title. Instead, as per usual under the previous staff, we wet the bed and embarrassed ourselves.

This BYU game is insignificant and little more than a teaching tool. Theoretically, if Nebraska continues to improve, they could still contend for the Big Ten West title. I'm not saying we will win it, and I definitely think chances are we WON'T win the Big Ten West, but our season's goals are not too far out of reach, yet.

The Wisconsin loss was a soul-crushing, humiliating, record-setting beat down on national television IN YEAR SEVEN of Pelini's tenure. That game was representative in every way of what Nebraska football had become.

This loss was a theft, IN GAME ONE of the new coaches tenure. It sucks, especially for Riley and the players who put in all that work only to have the victory snatched away. It only sucks for fans because it brought out all the A-holes who miss their fired A-hole coach.

The most recent Wisconsin game, however, was supposed to be the game Nebraska finally gets the big victory on the road, doesn't melt down, makes a statement and puts themselves in a position to contend for a conference title. Instead, as per usual under the previous staff, we wet the bed and embarrassed ourselves.

Who thought this? Curious if this was something you read or your own thoughts. I didn't watch the game because the '12 CCG was enough to strongly suspect that it was going to be another blowout. I would agree that it could have been that game to achieve those things but who expected it?

Both Wiscy losses hurt the national perception of the program.

2011 Wisconsin - L 48-17

2012 Wisconsin - L 70-31

2014 Wisconsin - L 59-24

:(

'11 was a beat down but as the season progressed it became obvious that Wiscy was a very good team. It was confusing when Biff left for Arky and said he wanted to compete for NCs.

Who thought this? Curious if this was something you read or your own thoughts. I didn't watch the game because the '12 CCG was enough to strongly suspect that it was going to be another blowout. I would agree that it could have been that game to achieve those things but who expected it?

All I can provide is anecdotal/circumstantial evidence. But, I remember a lot of people in national/local media and Husker fans saying 'this was the game' where the team finally overcame their demons and pulled off that big win on the road.

And perhaps I mis-spoke a bit - it wasn't so much that the Huskers were going to win that game or that they were even favorites (because I don't think they were); but, I think for a lot of people, myself included, it was the real - and final - Bo litmus test. That game was going to be his opportunity to seize that big win on the road and show progress in the program.

The other thing about that loss is it's the first time I got on this board and openly said I believed it was 100% time for Bo to be fired. I had been hoping for him and giving him the slight benefit of doubt his whole tenure, and to this day I still wish he had been more successful. But, that loss just finally brought everything full circle for me, which I must say is pretty telling. Not that I'm smarter than everyone else - far from it. But, I usually don't jump to rash conclusions or easily overreact. It took 6 1/2 seasons for me to get off the Bo bandwagon and the Wisconsin 2014 game finally did it.