husker nation at war with itself

commando

I have a weird long story that solidifies my view on this from this weekend.

Long story short.

Went to game with brother in law discussed MR and BP and FS.

At one point a drunk fan immediately in front of us, tells us we aren't real fans and we should go sit with BYU fans, and we wont get a lost today that we wanted as Bo Supporters. (this was at the come back at the 3rd quarter, even though we were cheering and rooting for Nebraska as much as everyone else and wearing Husker gear...)

I attempt to defuse the situation by saying were both NU fans I am an alumni and my brother in law did not get the chance to go here because he was deployed and went elsewhere... I brought up the point I cheered for them even when I was in college during the Callahan era. I hate Callahan, but while he was here I supported him and always cheered for him and went to the games...

Anyway that seemed to defuse the awkward situation. It was however extremely awkward and hostile for this 'real' fan to turn around and tell us we weren't 'real' fans and we should go sit with BYU - i think that is what the 'real fan' attempted to say, to be honest it was so awkward I kind of just shut down...

Our conversation was about how Bo and FS firing and how that will effect us long term... Again nothing I am looking to debate here, just sharing that to give context. This was a conversation we were having between us prior to the game and somewhat throughout during breaks.

But the fact I cannot sit in Memorial stadium have a private conversation with my brother in law about NU without being heckled by someone is the type of crap you expect at Unv of Iowa or Unv of Michigan.

Not to call you on the carpet but I can't imagine the people in front of you called you out unless they over heard some things that would make them think that. Pretty one sided, anecdotal story if ya ask me.

I sure as hell won't accuse you of not being a fan but also I have seen indications in some of your posts that you may not be behind the Riley hire 100%. And that's fine, you can have any opinion you want, but don't feign bewilderment when somebody over hears some of those types of comments (which they apparently did or they wouldnt have said sh#t) and takes issue with it.

BTW-Love your signature gif.

Here is the thing friend. When I am in the boxes. I am paying enough I dont care what your opinion is. As far as my previous opinions, yes I hate mike riley I have always supported that position. Every one will soon enough. Frank Solich Should still be head coach here. AS far as MR he is too old, too failed and crazy we gave him helm of a program like ours. As far as yours I had it coming, I was not group speaking. I am a soft speaker, was just speaking to my brother. Anyway theres no place like Nebraska, excpet Iowa Michigan or Mich State. It hurt.

You just lost any credibility that you had with that statement. Don't you think that if he was good enough to coach at this level, then one of the AD's after he was fired would have rehired him? Especially since one of those AD's was the man that forced him into getting the job in the first place? Frank put the program into toilet and doesn't need to be anywhere near it again unless they are talking about his playing career.

Where did this KazLong dude go? It was just getting good. With the name Kaz in his handle, I'm not surprised someone jumped him for his comments. When he says "brother in law" I bet he means his wife. And when he says "private conversation" I bet he means public domestic abuse. And when he says "threats of physical violence" I bet he means a bystander prevented him from slapping his wife around in public.

Anyway, someone mentioned the real reason Solich was fired. I have not heard this story - anyone willing to share?

Most people wouldn't want to believe the truth if they heard it.