husker nation at war with itself

commando

The fact that there is so much sand in the vag over this is pretty humorous. Somebody tells an idiotic story about what didn't really happen at a game, trolling for the abuse he clearly craves, and the smarter, older, funnier posters call him out on it.

Fixed it for you.

well done young jedi, well done...

It's interesting how KazLong's story went from him bravely tempering the anger of a drunken fan to almost being shivved in the parking lot after the game simply because he quietly mentioned to his brother in law that a coach from 12 years ago should have never been fired.

that-escalated-quickly-anchorman-gif.gif

I heard a guy almost got shot......just for breathing.

• Fire 1

Comments from week One:

I think we all want to win with honor and lose with class. With Riley we get that, with Bo we didn't. What's interesting most of this fan base is a lot closer to Bo than they want to realize. Don't take it personal, that's the way the world is now.

I may have had some unrealistic beliefs that since this was a very experienced coaching staff that stupid penalties and lack of communication especially on defense would go away-because I believe those are coaching issues.-Maybe those are player issues.

After watching Beck's offense, it appears that Armstrong is not allowed to change the play at the line of scrimmage anymore. Too bad cause I think any QB could have probably predicted that the play called on 3rd and 3 was going no where with the safety lined up at the line of scrimmage.

Is husker nation at war? No, we just need to take a breath and let the new staff do their jobs. We probably won't really find out much this week due to our opponent but I think Tom Osborne once said you improve the most between your first and second game. So let's find out, let's play out this season. There will be plenty of time to evaluate.

• Fire 1

Comments from week One:

I think we all want to win with honor and lose with class. With Riley we get that, with Bo we didn't. What's interesting most of this fan base is a lot closer to Bo than they want to realize. Don't take it personal, that's the way the world is now.

I may have had some unrealistic beliefs that since this was a very experienced coaching staff that stupid penalties and lack of communication especially on defense would go away-because I believe those are coaching issues.-Maybe those are player issues.

After watching Beck's offense, it appears that Armstrong is not allowed to change the play at the line of scrimmage anymore. Too bad cause I think any QB could have probably predicted that the play called on 3rd and 3 was going no where with the safety lined up at the line of scrimmage.

Is husker nation at war? No, we just need to take a breath and let the new staff do their jobs. We probably won't really find out much this week due to our opponent but I think Tom Osborne once said you improve the most between your first and second game. So let's find out, let's play out this season. There will be plenty of time to evaluate.

Good point. Hopefully that is something we haven't installed yet because of lack of time while trying to get the base offense installed.

All Nebraska fans want the same thing: to be a successful, championship-caliber program. That being said, I was shocked/saddened/disheartened to see how argumentative and downright hateful some Husker fans can be towards each other when there are differences in opinion. I've experienced it firsthand.

All Nebraska fans want the same thing: to be a successful, championship-caliber program. That being said, I was shocked/saddened/disheartened to see how argumentative and downright hateful some Husker fans can be towards each other when there are differences in opinion. I've experienced it firsthand.

Winning does solve a lot of those issues

The fact that there is so much sand in the vag over this is pretty humorous. Somebody tells a story about what happens at a game, people get bent for stupid sh*t, and all of a sudden this becomes a reason for an argument?

+1 for the "sand in the vag" reference. Gotta wonder if over time this produces a similar effect to what happens when oysters get a bit of grit inside 'em? I know, random thought but held my interest longer than Box Seat Drama. :wasted

yeah.....

I still think we have great fans compared to a lot of places. But, I definitely have a different view of some fans since living through the last 10 years.

• Fire 1

I don't think Nebraska is divided between supporters of Mike Riley and supporters of Bo Pelini like this article suggests. I for one am skeptical of Mike Riley, not that I don't think he's a good football coach, I just don't know if his staff as a whole is ready to take Nebraska to prime time. That being said, I am NOT a Pelini supporter. He was fired a year later than he should've been.

I think Husker nation is more divided between supporters of Mike Riley and those skeptical about the direction of the program after several years of mediocre results who also agree that Bo should've been fired.

I agree and disagree. Imo, the fan base is divided, but the camps are mostly 1) cautiously optimistic about Riley camp and 2) anybody but Bo (ABB) camp.

I wasn't enamored with the article myself, not that it really matters.

Yes!!

Thanks Steve Pederson.. I suspect if Riley finishes the season below 500 (very..VERY possible) he and the AD both may be gone soon.. the fans are not going to tolerate another Billy Callahan. May not be fair to Mike, but the cupboard was not bare when he took over the team.. with the talent on this team, 8-9 wins is realistic and Mike has already lost one of the "should have won" games. Hope Mike turns things around as I want NU to win (I don't want Mike to fail) but I have seen Riley coach the San Diego Charges and he struggled a lot and ending up either getting fired (or quitting), I don't remember which. After which he went immediately back to Oregon St.

Yes!!

Thanks Steve Pederson.. I suspect if Riley finishes the season below 500 (very..VERY possible) he and the AD both may be gone soon.. the fans are not going to tolerate another Billy Callahan. May not be fair to Mike, but the cupboard was not bare when he took over the team.. with the talent on this team, 8-9 wins is realistic and Mike has already lost one of the "should have won" games. Hope Mike turns things around as I want NU to win (I don't want Mike to fail) but I have seen Riley coach the San Diego Charges and he struggled a lot and ending up either getting fired (or quitting), I don't remember which. After which he went immediately back to Oregon St.

Don't leave out Harvey!