Tip of the Hat to NU Fans

BYU Fan

Err, yeah. About that 14-15 year old person. Sorry about him/her.

Most of us love the game of CFB. Sometimes we are on the losing side, but most of us try to act with grace about winning or losing.

I personally was heartbroken and simultaneously happy for BYU. When the BYU player hugged THE REF I smiled and chuckled out loud in happiness for the young man, and the team, as that moment encapsulated just how much this meant to them.

Sure, I'd rather have had it go our way, but it was an OUTSTANDING game for CFB fans. It had a little of everything that makes CFB my favorite sport and was one helluva way to kick off the season.

Sorry about the loss of Taysom, and good luck to BYU the rest of the season!

• Fire 1

Stick around and talk football. We have kept a few great posters who were opposing fans and stuck around.

I will say there is something about being a Husker fan that can change how people approach being a fan.

I grew up in Minnesota and wasnt a husker fan till i came to school here in 2007. I was hooked immediately and learned a lot about being a husker fan.

I use to be the type to boo or just ignore visiting fans, but that has changed. I now offer opposing team fans drinks, and try to be nice. I had a great time with some Michigan State fans a few years ago... Got hammered with them and as we were saying good bye, some person walking by asked how long i had known my friends... I said "O, about 2 hours"....

I am pissed we lost, but as the prayer says "If we should win, let it be by the code. Faith and honor held high. If we should lose, stand by the road, and cheer as the victors go by"

Nice post. I hear this a lot and Husker fans really seem to enjoy being know as "friendly fans. I actually can't agree but probably because I spend probably 5-7 hours a week reading "Husker fans" speak and interact with each other.

You guys look to have a nice team moving forward.

For me, I really like our new coach and look forward to his attempt to restore the order for us. I will be far more pleased with what he embodies as a coach then what the fan base does. No offense intended to my fellow Husker fans. Those who know what I'm saying won't say a word ... everyone else that knows what I'm talking about them will chime in and discredit the post or me.

Thanks for the kindly first post, BYU Fan. +1 :thumbs:

================================

Reading back through this thread it occurs to me that the run of the mill Husker fan in Memorial stadium might be nicer than some of our message board posters. :facepalm:

Don't we play BYU again next year? Anyway, thanks for the note, good luck with the rest of your season. BYU is a class act.

Unfortunately we don't. That's okay with a few poster's in this thread, they're content with a participation award.

Let me guess, for your next post, you're going to call everybody on this board a bunch of Christian-hating liberals.

Don't we play BYU again next year? Anyway, thanks for the note, good luck with the rest of your season. BYU is a class act.

Unfortunately we don't. That's okay with a few poster's in this thread, they're content with a participation award.

Let me guess, for your next post, you're going to call everybody on this board a bunch of Christian-hating liberals.

Nope. But if the shoe fits...

Speaking of participation awards--which I think are fine, FTMP--I am more concerned with non participation awards these days. For e.g., those hot dog eating contests, I think I should get an award for not participating in hot dog eating contests and I think other non participants should as well. I think I should get 100 bucks and a small to medium sized trophy and/or ribbon every time they stage a hot dog eating contest and I don't go to it. The converse is true, of course: I don't think there should be any reward for participating in a hot dog eating contest. If we incentivize this thing right, we could rid the world of all hot dog eating contests--that goes for pizza too!

kobayashi.jpg

Speaking of participation awards--which I think are fine, FTMP--I am more concerned with non participation awards these days. For e.g., those hot dog eating contests, I think I should get an award for not participating in hot dog eating contests and I think other non participants should as well. I think I should get 100 bucks and a small to medium sized trophy and/or ribbon every time they stage a hot dog eating contest and I don't go to it. The converse is true, of course: I don't think there should be any reward for participating in a hot dog eating contest. If we incentivize this thing right, we could rid the world of all hot dog eating contests--that goes for pizza too!

kobayashi.jpg

But people around the world love eating contests. Just see for yourself!

http://www.majorleagueeating.com/contests.php

In fact, I'd love to participate but I'm not 18 yet.

Pretty sure you are close, not more than a year off/less.

Well I certainly don't know what give's you that impression.

Ah the grammar police. I'm married to a woman that's a freelance stenographer. She is upwards of 300 words per minute, "real time" transcribing med malpractice cases. One of the very best in the industry as a matter of fact. I get plenty of grief from her regarding my grammar. I don't need your sh*t. Inestyne!