SEC OOC Scheduling Mantra

Creed

The best game of week 3 is Georgia Tech blasting Notre Dame in South Bend.

I'll be rooting for ND. No, not an ND fan but I'll root for a midwestern team to beat a southern team.

I think Notre Dame scheduling exactly ZERO games against Midwestern schools this year shows us that they don't think of themselves as a Midwestern school and never have.

I'll be rooting for ND. No, not an ND fan but I'll root for a midwestern team to beat a southern team.

I think Notre Dame scheduling exactly ZERO games against Midwestern schools this year shows us that they don't think of themselves as a Midwestern school and never have.

I really don't care. No, I'm not an ND fan and if they were playing any Big Ten team I would root for the Big Ten team. However, no matter what they think they are, they are a midwestern team by their location and college football needs more successful teams in other parts of the country other than the sunbelt. OSU obviously did a great job with helping this out last year. I think with the playoff system which helps alleviate much of the media bias from putting nothing but SEC or sunbelt teams in the championship game, we will see an evening out of the balance of power (perceived or real) we have seen over the last 10-15 years. However, teams from other parts of the country (midwest) need to do their part in winning games against these other programs.

So...yes...I will root for ND.

thats fine in rooting for ND. It won't ruin my Saturday but I have zero desire to see the one "midwestern team" in the ACC that plays their last game in California every year be the team. No one in the media sees them as Midwestern and it won't bring anymore exposure to the rest of the region. They'd rather play Florida State over m1ch1gan, they'd rather play Boston College over Sparty.

The only way for the Midwest to get more respect in the national picture is for Nebraska and m1ch1gan to get back to what they had been for decades(specifically Nebraska).

Nebraska needs to be Wisconsin with skill players.

More so their arrangement with the ACC than anything else. If they eventually join the ACC I think it's a bad fit, even the dying Big 12 would make more sense.

More so their arrangement with the ACC than anything else. If they eventually join the ACC I think it's a bad fit, even the dying Big 12 would make more sense.

I think the ACC is perfect for what they want to do as long as they can tweak the schedule to their advantage every year which they always do.

They are in a conference with a lot of Small and Private schools ( Duke, BC, Miami, Syracuse, Wake) and with a lot of their rivals( Pitt, BC, Miami, and Georgia Tech). There aren't any real ND rivals in the Big XII. The ACC arrangement also lets Notre Dame keep their USC and Stanford set up where they play in California at the end of every season to recruit in November/December.

The ACC lets Notre Dame off the hook by only requiring 5 conference games. That means ND gets to play non-football sports in the ACC, a part of the ACC money pie, and their California games by agreeing to lock in 2 or 3 variable ACC games vs Florida State, Clemson, Va Tech, Wake or UNC. Sounds like ND got a sweet deal and the ACC got played.

Yeah but on XM the SEC love keeps coming saying the best games this week are LSU-Auburn (ok that is a decent game, maybe) and wait for it.....UGa vs SCar. SCar is UR and lost their QB and just lost to Kentucky.

Hey! One coach still voted SCar as the #25 team in the nation! HOW DARE YOU DISPARAGE THEM!!!!

Yeah but on XM the SEC love keeps coming saying the best games this week are LSU-Auburn (ok that is a decent game, maybe) and wait for it.....UGa vs SCar. SCar is UR and lost their QB and just lost to Kentucky.

Hey! One coach still voted SCar as the #25 team in the nation! HOW DARE YOU DISPARAGE THEM!!!!

I think the SEC gets so much love b/c of their fan passion, the money they spend on facilities, the money they spend on coaching and b/c of their recruiting classes are full of fast kids who can out athlete others at the high school level . All summer I heard Tenn fans proclaiming this was their year and J Dobbs could be a Heisman candidate. Same with Auburn and their QB. Arkansas was dark horse SECW winner. The hype on SEC teams just builds on itself.

I think the ACC is perfect for what they want to do as long as they can tweak the schedule to their advantage every year which they always do.

They are in a conference with a lot of Small and Private schools ( Duke, BC, Miami, Syracuse, Wake) and with a lot of their rivals( Pitt, BC, Miami, and Georgia Tech). There aren't any real ND rivals in the Big XII. The ACC arrangement also lets Notre Dame keep their USC and Stanford set up where they play in California at the end of every season to recruit in November/December.

The ACC lets Notre Dame off the hook by only requiring 5 conference games. That means ND gets to play non-football sports in the ACC, a part of the ACC money pie, and their California games by agreeing to lock in 2 or 3 variable ACC games vs Florida State, Clemson, Va Tech, Wake or UNC. Sounds like ND got a sweet deal and the ACC got played.

Sure it's a nice arrangement for them now. That will change. And when it does and they are forced to join the league, I just don't see it being a great partnership.

I really don't care. No, I'm not an ND fan and if they were playing any Big Ten team I would root for the Big Ten team. However, no matter what they think they are, they are a midwestern team by their location and college football needs more successful teams in other parts of the country other than the sunbelt. OSU obviously did a great job with helping this out last year. I think with the playoff system which helps alleviate much of the media bias from putting nothing but SEC or sunbelt teams in the championship game, we will see an evening out of the balance of power (perceived or real) we have seen over the last 10-15 years. However, teams from other parts of the country (midwest) need to do their part in winning games against these other programs.

So...yes...I will root for ND.

LOL....I understand what you are saying.

They are in Southbend, Indiana. There is no more "midwestern" location than that.

Now, if they want to think of themselves as not midwestern, that's fine. But it's like the fat chick thinking she is thin by putting on a tube top and going to the Iowa State Fair.

It's similar to all the years Colorado stuck their noses up at all the other Big 8 or Big 12 teams thinking that they don't fit and they fit better with all the cool schools on the west coast......Naaaa.....your neither cool nor a west coast school and you still suck.