Why were we slinging the rock in the 4th?

benjibean1

I am happy to see the Huskers win tonight but I dont understand why we continued to let Fyfe sling the rock all throughout the 4th quarter. It is one thing if you want to run it up by running the ball...but to keep moving it that way just felt low class.

Here is to hoping I can feel the same way next week in the 4th quarter when we are in Maimi.

I don't know, maybe it would be nice to have a back-up QB that has actual game experience wherein he has thrown a pass or two in the event the starter gets injured. Crazy, I know.

• Fire 1

You know what is awesome. Having an opinion and coming to share it. Oh God forbid that it is not in line with the Kool-Aid goggles. Didnt say it "WAS" low class, just that it felt that way. Would probably get a ton of responses if i just said.

Mike Riley is awesome. We Won. Yahoo.

I guess i just grew up in an era where, when we were up, we just kept running it. Then it was up to the other team to stop it. If they couldn't, well that was on them. I was not a Callahan fan. I started off a Bo fan when he was hired. I got tired of his nonsense by the last 3 seasons of his tenure. I don't care for the current regime. After all my opinion doesn't matter and I get what I get. Still will buy the gear. Cheer my team and not like it when they lose.

You grew up in an era where all game we just kept running it!

Both teams had their backups in, an acknowledgment that the game has been decided, so there can be no running up the score in this scenario. It's clear that the game was decided, but it was valuable work for the backups on both sides. Also, not that it would have changed much, but our backup QB really needs the work.

In this day and age of simulating snap counts and blatant package whacking, I'm not too worried about bruised feelings over running up the score on an opponent we pay to come play. If the backup QB throws a bomb to a reserve WR with 30 seconds left, then they're doing what they're supposed to do. Fight till the bell rings. :box

If you're that worried over their feelings have participation trophies and catered Runzas waiting in the visitors locker room. Letting up to uphold some unspoken and undefined rules on "class" is just silly and can get guys hurt for assuming the other team will go easy just because you're relaxing. If you're worried about reputation then establish that reputation as being you will go pedal to the metal till the gun sounds. :woo

• Fire 1