Riley Presser - Sept. 14

Mavric

What I like about MR's pressers is that he is on the same page as what we are already thinking. He seems to address all of our concerns in a calm, specific, well thought out manner.

The "other" Guy had a different process; 1- get pissy the question was even asked. 2- throw somebody under the bus, usually a player(s) 3- make sure to point out how they didn't execute and that it's a process. 4- pay lipservice to being ultimately responsible and toss in the phrases "point the thumb" and "at the end of the day". Don't miss it. At. All.

• Fire 5

What I like about MR's pressers is that he is on the same page as what we are already thinking. He seems to address all of our concerns in a calm, specific, well thought out manner.

The "other" Guy had a different process; 1- get pissy the question was even asked. 2- throw somebody under the bus, usually a player(s) 3- make sure to point out how they didn't execute and that it's a process. 4- pay lipservice to being ultimately responsible and toss in the phrases "point the thumb" and "at the end of the day". Don't miss it. At. All.

Yeah, exactly. All this stuff the reporters write about every week is the same obvious stuff every observant fan is wondering about. I LOVE how Riley doesn't avoid it but addresses it head on. That's accountability. I absolutely love that.

I love it that Coach Riley not only recognizes the weakness but has something in mind to take care of the problem. Will what they propose work? Maybe, maybe not but at least they have a plan in mind and don't mind sharing it with the rest of us.

I also love the way he treats the media. I have a friend who is a camera man for one of the local tv stations. He used to dread going to pressers with the previous coach. I'm sure he's loving this coach and the way he communicates with the community. GBR!