Southern Miss Week Practice Notes & Updates

zoogs

Lost in the continuing coaching hotseat carousel at Nebraska (wait. what?) is that there's another game this weekend!

247's got some Thursday Quick Hits (free).

Rivals Thursday Nuggets (also free! and mostly the same)

* Looks like Valentine's still going to be out and our LB injury issues are going to continue. The latter is getting exasperating. We could be down MRI *and* a fully healthy Banderas heading into B1G play. Of our three starting LBs, it's only the true freshman left.

* Some illnesses this week.

* Good response from the loss. Although, what do you expect a coach to say? :lol:

It's Thursday which seems like the day there's more talk from the coaches (at least, the suspensions have been announced on Thursdays...) so, hopefully there's more nuggets abound. Feel free to add them to this thread and if I get the chance I'll combine some posts/tweets into this OP.

• Fire 3

Lost in the continuing coaching hotseat carousel at Nebraska (wait. what?) is that there's another game this weekend!

* Looks like Valentine's still going to be out and our LB injury issues are going to continue. The latter is getting exasperating. We could be down MRI *and* a fully healthy Banderas heading into B1G play. Of our three starting LBs, it's only the true freshman left.

* Good response from the loss. Although, what do you expect a coach to say? :lol:

It's Thursday which seems like the day there's more talk from the coaches (at least, the suspensions have been announced on Thursdays...) so, hopefully there's more nuggets abound. Feel free to add them to this thread and if I get the chance I'll combine some posts/tweets into this OP.

Man, talk about some roster mismanagement. (Not Riley). Bray has his work cut out for him.

I don't remember the last time in recent years that NU was healthy. Man the list is incredibly long.... Martinez, Rex, AA, Gomes, Crick, Keller, DPE etc..... Every year. With limited depth it hurts. A lot.

Appreciate the links. I'll check em out.

Man, talk about some roster mismanagement. (Not Riley). Bray has his work cut out for him.

I don't remember the last time in recent years that NU was healthy. Man the list is incredibly long.... Martinez, Rex, AA, Gomes, Crick, Keller, DPE etc..... Every year. With limited depth it hurts. A lot.

Appreciate the links. I'll check em out.

Everyone deals with the injury bug every year, our previous staffs glaring mis-management just intensifies it more then other teams.

We will miss MRI more then Banderas. I think Weber does a really good job of filling in for Bando but there is a noticeable drop off between MRI and Gifford. They should have Young, Weber and Newby/Ferguson as your LBs.

Short on experience, but appear to be very good athletes with speed. Would love to see Newby come on.

Heck, if things get much worse, might have to plug Gerry back in at LB and let one of Williams step up at safety. At least he has SOME experience at the position.

We will miss MRI more then Banderas. I think Weber does a really good job of filling in for Bando but there is a noticeable drop off between MRI and Gifford. They should have Young, Weber and Newby/Ferguson as your LBs.

Short on experience, but appear to be very good athletes with speed. Would love to see Newby come on.

Heck, if things get much worse, might have to plug Gerry back in at LB and let one of Williams step up at safety. At least he has SOME experience at the position.
No