Questions for the staff

Neuman1

My biggest question is, why aren't Lee and Anderson playing? Don't want to burn their redshirts?

Cethan Carter has hands of stone. I can't even count all of the drops he's had. Why is he playing?

Where are Wilbon and Taylor?

First off, Lee and Anderson are not ready to play physicality wise. And I will continue to trust the coaches as to why Wilbon and Taylor don't see the field. There are legitimate reasons. Just because they have shown flashes here and there doesn't make them good running backs. I'm not saying they aren't good backs. But there is a lot more that goes into being a good back then grabbing the ball and going forward.
While I understand all that, lavonte david was smart enough to pick up Bo's scheme. We all know how that turned out. Just saying some guys are just gamers.
Compare a freak all pro LB to two freshman DBs that we know almost nothing about. seems logical.

it's been 4 games. We could really use a Bye week after Illinois, just to gather our sh#t and get another week of practice. But we dont get any so thats the way it is. Our Linebackers have been super super slow for the last 7 years, outside of David. We need more speed or more ball skills out of our linebackers. Young will get better with time. But if we had Linebacker help and DLine help our corners wouldn't look as bad. Wilbon dances too much, so does Newby. I say RUN FULLBACK EVERY PLAY lol kidding. I will miss him though hes a treat to watch.

i can only assume the best players are already on the field....i would wager this is a talent issue.

They don't have the horses on D.

DL - I like what Freedom is doing, but the DL has been underwhelming for years. I hope they go after a few JUCOs and those twins from KC pan out.

LB - They are slow and the can't cover. I don't want to call anyone out, but I could see at least 2 new LBs in the rotation next year.

DBs - I don't think they are great, but they aren't as bad as most think. Gerry is all or nothing. He didn't have a good day today.

While I understand all that, lavonte david was smart enough to pick up Bo's scheme.

Lavonte David has the ability to pick up almost everybody's scheme. I can't think of anyone else who deciphers and reacts faster than he did here and he does now.

Actually, now that I think about it, Lavonte David has always used his own scheme, and then tricks the coaches into thinking it is theirs. :bonesflag: