The coaches have the correct formula

Lux

Top 25 in TOP, 19th in run defense, top 25 total offense/first downs. 500 pass yards resulted in 28 USM points. 500 rush yards for Wisc resulted in 59 points. Bend don't break. Buckle up, we will be in every ball game this year.

28, and 7 of them were practically gifted.

Still, it's kind of worrisome. We'd like to see better, of course. But thank you for pointing out some of the positives. If the B1G offenses we face this year are less able to capitalize on the pass D (than Southern Miss, though?...) we might be okay.

Largely, we'll have to lean on Tommy. Given the state of the defense that's probably not too surprising. The quality of the DB play, though, has been pretty surprising. It *is* a rocky start, after all. But I like watching them play. Just, hopefully, they'll put more opponents away. We'll lose a lot of games if every one is tight, just by law of averages.

Pelini was fired for his blowout losses. We have been competitive in every contest thus far IMO and the stats I presented entail we will continue to be. I think the strengths we present are very favorable entering big ten west play. Keep control on offense. Stuff the run. Let them sling it around. But don't give up a lot of points. This formula will win us/put us in position to win a lot of ball games gentlemen. I'm excited.

Pelini was fired for his blowout losses. We have been competitive in every contest thus far IMO and the stats I presented entail we will continue to be. I think the strengths we present are very favorable entering big ten west play. Keep control on offense. Stuff the run. Let them sling it around. But don't give up a lot of points. This formula will win us/put us in position to win a lot of ball games gentlemen. I'm excited.

I could agree with this, somewhat. When the weather turns bad in places like Evanston, Lincoln, Minneapolis, etc. it gets difficult to pass. But the question is "do the defensive run stats look good because we're stuffing the run, or because teams come out winging it early and often and don't go to the run?"

I could agree with this, somewhat. When the weather turns bad in places like Evanston, Lincoln, Minneapolis, etc. it gets difficult to pass. But the question is "do the defensive run stats look good because we're stuffing the run, or because teams come out winging it early and often and don't go to the run?"

But we're a pass first team who can't control the clock with the running game, so it's a double edged sword.

Pelini was fired because eichorst had an agenda and more importantly Bo did not make the changes in his coaching staff he needed to. If blowout losses are your main concern then start your coaching search now. I see us winning two games in conference this year. Going to be a rough ride, so buckle up. Good things will come though. Changes will probably start with Pearlman, eichorst and then the football program to soon follow. Pearlman took over after 2001 btw. look at the success of the universities main money making asset since...

Nope.

We're dead last in passing D, and 108th in yards per play (as of last week). That may work against scrubs, but even on the crappy B1G West, that's a recipe for 3-4 losses.

Yep. Dead last in either category is a recipe for disaster against teams with a pulse. Our run D has yet to be tested. Why run against us when your QB can have a record setting outing against us. Not to mention we will probably spot you another 100 yards in stupid penalties.......

We've played 2 decent teams (lost both) and 2 scrubs (1 blowout, 1 close). The sample size is small, but the trends need to change... quickly.

Absolutely. But there are positives. And I think giving up 500 yards passing 28 points vs 500 yards rushing 59 points is an improvement. If the games are a microcosm of what the season has in store for us, we will get better as the season goes on.

It's a new coaching staff, its early, I'm happy with where we are this early in "the process" and I can't wait to see what things look like in the coming weeks and years. Imagine a team of seniors who have been under this tutelage.

Be excited gentlemen, good things to come