How to use Freedom and Collins

Right now, it appears Freedom is giving us the best chance at a pass rush from the DE position. In order to help him out, I was wonder what everyone thinks about which side of the line he should play on, in respect to where Collins is playing. These two are playing on opposite ends. The coaches have mentioned that they charted opponents double teaming Collins on ~90% of plays (either with a pulling guard, RB, TE, or chipping OT). Would Freedom have more success if he played next to Collins? In theory, if the OT or RB is occupied by Collins, Freedom would have a free run to the QB, and if Freedom is getting consistent pressure, the OL will have to stop so many double teams on Collins, allowing him to do what he does.

There are some good arguments to be made for playing Freedom and Collins together or on opposing sides. Just want some thoughts from everyone.

• Fire 2

Freedome should have better success playing next to Collins b/c Collins is getting doubled ALOT!! So he is eating up a blocker on his side that could help block freedom putting him more one on one with the Tackle and once in awhile a RB may chip or help on him. But if you blitz a LB/S/CB that can take that RB away and leave him one on one with the tackle.

What I would love to see is Collins get moved around some and put out on the outside once in awhile. I would like to see what the offenses would do if that happened. I think he could have some pretty damn good success if put on the weak side at end now and then.

Opposite side would be very weak, though. It might work though, I don't really know. Probably be a good "special" package for specific situations.

Opposite would be weak, the offense could roll the qb and keep him out of danger unless we blitzed a lb or safety, which would make that side even weaker.

RADAR, where's that GIF you posted of McMullen? Shocking. This guy was a 4-star we pulled out of Ohio from the Buckeyes and a ton of other major teams. It was a huge recruiting win. What on earth happened to him?

Anyway, what I wanted to say is if it's a passing down, we probably need to get someone aside from McMullen as the opposite DE. Did they pull that true freshman Davis's redshirt yes? Let's work him in. McMullen isn't even just in a funk. He looks so far from ready to play. I hope he's not a senior, yet, so he can get some more time to get into playing form.

I thought DE was going to be a major trouble spot this year and that was assuming that at least we had McMullen holding down one spot.

RADAR, where's that GIF you posted of McMullen? Shocking. This guy was a 4-star we pulled out of Ohio from the Buckeyes and a ton of other major teams. It was a huge recruiting win. What on earth happened to him?

Anyway, what I wanted to say is if it's a passing down, we probably need to get someone aside from McMullen as the opposite DE. Did they pull that true freshman Davis's redshirt yes? Let's work him in. McMullen isn't even just in a funk. He looks so far from ready to play. I hope he's not a senior, yet, so he can get some more time to get into playing form.

I thought DE was going to be a major trouble spot this year and that was assuming that at least we had McMullen holding down one spot.

Got it from another board. I would agree that we need to pull a redshirt from the best of the Davis twins and see what they got.

Not the Davis twins -- Alex Davis. 2* guy from GA. 6'5, 225, something like that. Got to have some kind of chance at a pass rush, right? I'm not opposed to the Davis twins either if they are ready, but it's that edge rusher type we need more than anything.

Right, here's the vine:

https://vine.co/v/exwiiQtWYEd

Someone said McMullen is lucky there even exists a P5 team where he can start. Unfortunately, that assessment looks spot on.

McMullen did ok last year at times with the rush, wonder what has happened there, more weight (too much) idk, but he's a pretty big boy. Maybe have him and Collins flip on obvious pass plays and have him inside, he may do well there and give Collins more chance to get to the QB from the outside. Don't want to see anymore of this huge arcing move to the outside by Collins with the QB getting rid of the ball in three seconds, doesn't make any sense.

I didn't want to call anyone out by name, but yeah, its not been good. Not at the end of last year, and not at all this year.

We need Freedom and Gangwish on the field at the same time.

You could take that little image above, and make another one almost every other play. It's really, really bad. And I'm being polite.

• Fire 1