Interesting article from Sipple and what we face in conference play

lo country

Sipple says that 4 out of the 8 QB's we face in conference play are in the top 40 of pass efficiency. Breaks down each of the QB's stats that we will face. Hope Banker and Stewart are getting things together....

Also gives a shout out to Jano and a nice quote from TO's initial meeting with Riley.

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/sipple/steven-m-sipple-for-husker-defense-b-g-challenges-keep/article_ce2109f3-5265-5804-a22e-e825e6d4e524.html

• Fire 2

I guess the thing for me is this, Everyone just thinks that Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa etc. are just going to come into the game with Nebraska and throw it 40x and hit for 300 yards for sure. But that is not any of these teams game.

They want to be balanced they want to establish the run and have a strong running game against everyone. It is what they are, they are not going to come out and go completely against what they do. Throughout TO's tenure Nebraska was a power running team with play action passing. That is what they did. They didn't go completely away from it just because they were playing a team that had a crappy passing defense.

That is all I am saying.

• Fire 1

I like this quote from Langsdorf

"I don't think we're going to get into a bunch of triple-option plays," he said. "But using the fullback is something we want to do. We have done it in our past (at Oregon State). After Andy's runs, we have to do some more of it."

I like that too. Really, the jet sweep does the sam thing as the traditional option which makes them defend all the way to the sidelines. If we can get DPE back and the Jet Sweep gets even more productive, teams will start cheating either an LB or Safety outside when they see DPE crossing the field. That's when the fullback trap is productive.

OR....hehehe....DPE doesn't take it, then turns up for a wheel route for 6 points.

I like how this offense is progressing.

I guess the thing for me is this, Everyone just thinks that Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa etc. are just going to come into the game with Nebraska and throw it 40x and hit for 300 yards for sure. But that is not any of these teams game.

They want to be balanced they want to establish the run and have a strong running game against everyone. It is what they are, they are not going to come out and go completely against what they do.

This is what I'm saying.

And furthermore, they really do not have the quarterbacks/WR combos to do it with, either.

Let's get Pierson-El healthy. Let's work on our D-line. Then we've got a team that is definitely capable of winning all three against Wisconsin, Northwestern, and Minnesota. Period.