So Tommy Decided to Pass?

Did you even read the previous posts? The ones you quoted? You and Saunders have gone off on some rant about something entirely different than what was even being discussed.

Please explain how this...

I already posted this, but Husker fans and the media are smart enough to realize that a timeout taken with a few seconds left on the play clock would have been forgiven. Just make sure you run the damn ball on 3rd down.

Exactly this. Taking a timeout with :01 on the playclock to ensure that you properly execute the most important play of the drive (or game) is entirely the reason you have timeouts.

as a response to this...

What do the timeouts even matter? Had they called one, Husker nation would have torn them apart for stopping the clock while trying to run out the game. Reporters would have asked why and been given the same info about lining up wrong, etc. Then some of you jackals would have piled on about how poor the coaching is that we can't even line up correctly so no wonder there is poor clock management. Damned if they do. Damned if they don't.

And as for the second bolded part, you're totally right. That's exactly what would've happened and anyone that says otherwise is a farkin' liar.

Is "going off on a rant about something entirely different." We said that taking the timeout was completely understandable, and that fans would have gotten it. You went on to say:

If Nebraska had called a timeout, people would've came to this board and said "what the f#*k are they doing calling a timeout there and letting Illinois defense prepare for that third down play!" blah blah blah!.......That's exactly how it would've went.

These same people claiming that they would've been "okay" with the timeout in that situation, are the same ones that were flipping out after the BYU game after we actually DID call a timeout to make sure we were on the same page for that Hail Mary play. and those same people said "what the f#*k are they doing calling a timeout there and letting BYU offense prepare for that play!" blah blah blah!.......

This isn't a debate about the importance of timeouts, or when to use them, the point that you've missed obviously, was about the reactions of dumbass Husker fans is usually negative no matter what the f#*k the team or coaches do.

Which is simply the opposite of what we're saying. You automatically assume that the people who said didn't like the BYU timeout (which was a mistake) were automatically going to complaing about an Illinois timeout (the right call), without any sort of supporting argument other than "because."
We didn't "change" the argument, we simply pointed out the reasoning behind why people would understand (why you use a timeout there). That's supporting your argument, not changing it.

You automatically assume that the people who said didn't like the BYU timeout (which was a mistake) were automatically going to complaing about an Illinois timeout (the right call), without any sort of supporting argument other than "because."

Yeah, I automatically "assume" people would complain without any supporting evidence other than "because".........

You new to this place?

Maybe have a look around, get back to me.

...the point that you've missed obviously, was about the reactions of dumbass Husker fans is usually negative no matter what the f#*k the team or coaches do.

Not true. Most dumbass Husker fans are usually okay if the team or coaches win, or don't lose in some spectacular dumbass fashion

The Hail Mary 3 man rush and coverage (or lack of coverage) was dumbassedness, the interception on the first play of OT was dumbassedness, and the last minute of the Illinois was all kinds of dumbassedness in 31 different flavors. Nebraska is not being beat by faster players, stronger players, or more talented and experienced players. It lost three games by dumbassedness. So much dumbassedness makes dumbassedness an airborne contagion, and most within five miles of Nebraska football seems to have come down with it, so it'snot entirely on the dumbass fans.

The good news is that this dumbassedness virus usually does not survive with winning percentages rise above .500...

Not sure where to post this, and I'm sure as hell not starting another thread for it. Interesting stat from the game Saturday. Tommy had thrown 13 passes 25+ yards down the field in the first 4 games this season. Then on Saturday, he threw 9 passes 25+ yards down the field. Now I obviously didn't review the film to see all 9 of those passes, but I'm curious how many underneath routes he could've thrown to instead of chucking it deep. If only 13 times in 4 weeks, then it tells me the Coaches have probably been preaching work the underneath stuff. What changed on Saturday? Coaches suddenly telling him to throw it deep? I really doubt that. Tommy feeling like he could beat a weak secondary deep, because he was able to last year? I really think that may be the case. Yes, Langsdorf called pass plays instead of run plays, but Tommy could've checked down more frequently, which in turn makes the pass offense look much better this past weekend. Oh well, just thought I'd throw that out there and let everyone digest those stats.