(OWH) From the sidelines: DPE, Weber, Philipp, Ozigbo

zoogs

(OWH) From the sidelines: Pierson-E's return; Weber's rise; Philipp's side job; a thankful Ozigbo

Cool snippets here on a lot of fronts. Please do the griping elsewhere; there's plenty of space for that. This is just nice sideline reporting from the OWH.

* I didn't realize DPE got a catch today. Good that he got to get that in during his first game being worked back in. Hopefully he's ready to take on a larger role next week, but we'll see.

* Love coach K.Williams. Not the best day from his position group, though.

* Got to give some major props to Chris Weber. I don't think I've seen a single thread about him this year.

Southern Miss: 12 tackles

Illinois: 17 tackles

* Weird story about Philipp and Banker.

* Ozigbo! Fast becoming a fan favorite, I should think.

While the 5-foot-11, 225-pounder from Sachse, Texas, received plenty of congratulations from coaches and teammates after his 19-yard TD run, he sought out every offensive lineman to express his appreciation for making the play happen.

GBR :thumbs

Looking forward to next week -- with no small amount of trepidation, to say the least! :D

• Fire 1

Chris Weber coming outnof nowhere, loving that.

Ozigbo kind of set himself above the rest of the RB's tonight. Looks to have the power and moves needed to carry this team when they are struggling to move the ball. Hope they stick with him.

Never to be seen again. He got 71 yards on 10 carriers. Why Langs didn't ride his legs to a win is beyond me..

Chris Weber coming outnof nowhere, loving that.Ozigbo kind of set himself above the rest of the RB's tonight. Looks to have the power and moves needed to carry this team when they are struggling to move the ball. Hope they stick with him.

Never to be seen again. He got 71 yards on 10 carriers. Why Langs didn't ride his legs to a win is beyond me..

Because, it didn't feel natural to him. So we ran cutesy pass plays and stopped the clock.

Chris Weber coming outnof nowhere, loving that.

Ozigbo kind of set himself above the rest of the RB's tonight. Looks to have the power and moves needed to carry this team when they are struggling to move the ball. Hope they stick with him.

Never to be seen again? They had him and Jano handling the closing drive -- all up to the last 3rd down call, which is a very interesting development after showing a lot of faith in Newby as the feature back. Clearly have a lot of confidence in him. I wonder if they think he's ready for an expanded role.