MANY people said ANY change was welcome, even if we won less than 8 in year one.

Flood

Well we are at 3 losses now...that loss to Illinois reminded me of the 2009 loss AT Virginia Tech. Nebraska ended up having a pretty good year that year, and the infamous 1 second screw job in the big 12 title game.

Maybe since the illinois game reminded me of the 09 VT game. This team goes on a win streak and wins out...

Let there be hope until reality sets in on Saturday.

In drawing comparisons to Callahan, it reminded me more of the texa$$ game where Bill made an equally stupid play call with the pass to Nunn on 4th down.

Oh much better comparison as Riley has now allowed the once banned word of 'he who must not be named' back in our dictionaries.

That play was brutal as well, but not as bad as this one as beating Texas would have been huge. Beating Illinois should have been, just another Saturday.

True. At least the whorns were good, Illinois isn't.

Do you think that Riley mentioning Bill in that press conference was a coincidence?

Heck no.

Well we are at 3 losses now...that loss to Illinois reminded me of the 2009 loss AT Virginia Tech. Nebraska ended up having a pretty good year that year, and the infamous 1 second screw job in the big 12 title game.

Maybe since the illinois game reminded me of the 09 VT game. This team goes on a win streak and wins out...

In drawing comparisons to Callahan, it reminded me more of the texa$$ game where Bill made an equally stupid play call with the pass to Nunn on 4th down.

LMAO....How was that pass to Nunn stupid? It worked and would have sealed the game if Nunn didn't fumble. That is on Nunn not the play call.

Oh much better comparison as Riley has now allowed the once banned word of 'he who must not be named' back in our dictionaries.

That play was brutal as well, but not as bad as this one as beating Texas would have been huge. Beating Illinois should have been, just another Saturday.

Do you think that Riley mentioning Bill in that press conference was a coincidence?

Heck no.

Heck no.

Riley even mentioning Callahan's name proves he doesn't know what he is doing...

LMAO....How was that pass to Nunn stupid? It worked and would have sealed the game if Nunn didn't fumble. That is on Nunn not the play call.

Yes, it could have worked, but running the ball was the correct call.

There is no " it could have worked" it did work, Nunn screwed up by not just going down and took a perfect hit on the ball and fumbled it. Why are people so against passing the ball? It makes no sense to me especially when people start using plays that worked as reasons to run the ball. We needed 5 yards do running the ball wasn't guaranteed to get it either.

• Fire 1

There is no " it could have worked" it did work, Nunn screwed up by not just going down and took a perfect hit on the ball and fumbled it. Why are people so against passing the ball? It makes no sense to me especially when people start using plays that worked as reasons to run the ball. We needed 5 yards do running the ball wasn't guaranteed to get it either.

Because they're full of sh#t. By the same "logic" Tom Osborne shouldn't have thrown the ball for the two-point conversions in the 84 or 95 Orange Bowl. It's easy to go back when something doesn't work and criticize it.

So...if winning 9 insignificant games a year is enough, losing the big ones, often embarassingly so...who do we want to be? Champions? if so, we haven't done that in forever. So, what do we want to be? Other fanbases mock us for living in the past. I have seen it.

So, maybe we give Riley time to recruit to his system and see what he is capable of. This is Nebraska. We have the best facilities on the planet (circa 1994). I am tired of the constant jibber-jabber about what we did under TO. That is ancient history. What we have done lately, well...we are good at losing.

The problem with Riley is, if he turns things around he will be 65 years old and looking for retirement.

I could understand if say Frost was our OC and he was being molded as the next man up...but I dont see anyone on Riley's staff as being the head coach in waiting for Nebraska, and GOD help us if that is the case.

Riley is 62. This season is a loss, next year if we see improvements and he saves his job he's 63..he will be 64-65 years old IF he is able to get anything going, by that time he is looking at the end of his career.

Then we are back to rebuilding years because we will need a new head coach.

This hire was epic face palm. It made no sense unless Riley started winning championships immediately.

So you're telling me you don't want Mark Banker as our next coach?

I must have forgot, did we win?

Iirc, it was 4th and 2.

Because they're full of sh#t. By the same "logic" Tom Osborne shouldn't have thrown the ball for the two-point conversions in the 84 or 95 Orange Bowl. It's easy to go back when something doesn't work and criticize it.

It's called understanding the game and playing smart football.