MANY people said ANY change was welcome, even if we won less than 8 in year one.

Flood

I'm still very happy Pelini was fired. He should have been fired after getting Nebraska boatraced in 2012.

Yeah Pelini needed to go. It's who they hired that is almost as disappointing as the games Pelini got reamed in.

Yeah, it sucks to lose three winnable games* due to mistakes Riley's experience was supposed to make us somewhat immune to. Riley could still turn out to be ok. I think they're going through growing pains, but they need to get these kind of stupid mistakes eliminated right f'ing now. We'll know very soon how things are going to shake out this year.

*edit: two very winnable games, and one game (Miami) where we came out flat.

I would still take losses like we have been over ones that were complete ass beatings. At least we are competitive in these close losses.

Sure enough, much easier to fix and improve on.

Participation ribbons all around.

Congrats.

i am just hoping Wisconsin isn't about to bitch slap into cyber space!

I said keep Pelini. Had they done that they could've finished his contract, the farewell spouting off that everyone is so mad about would've never occurred, and if it didn't pan out he could've been terminated in an ordinary fashion without all the name calling and hyperbole. There could've been a long serious search instead of the heated rush that we got.

That's not to say that Riley and Co can't still salvage something from this season. We still have a lot of talent on this team and need to put it to it's best use.

I would still take losses like we have been over ones that were complete ass beatings. At least we are competitive in these close losses.

Sure enough, much easier to fix and improve on.

Participation ribbons all around.

Congrats.

i am just hoping Wisconsin isn't about to bitch slap into cyber space!

Wisconsin sucks. But I'm sure we can find a way to lose to them if the coaches and players really want to.

I said keep Pelini. Had they done that they could've finished his contract, the farewell spouting off that everyone is so mad about would've never occurred, and if it didn't pan out he could've been terminated in an ordinary fashion without all the name calling and hyperbole. There could've been a long serious search instead of the heated rush that we got.

That's not to say that Riley and Co can't still salvage something from this season. We still have a lot of talent on this team and need to put it to it's best use.

No coach ever "finishes" his contract. They always keep them four years out, ostensibly for recruiting purposes (even though the contract doesn't make a difference as they are just bought out when coaches are fired).

Well we are at 3 losses now...that loss to Illinois reminded me of the 2009 loss AT Virginia Tech. Nebraska ended up having a pretty good year that year, and the infamous 1 second screw job in the big 12 title game.

Maybe since the illinois game reminded me of the 09 VT game. This team goes on a win streak and wins out...

Let there be hope until reality sets in on Saturday.

• Fire 1

Well we are at 3 losses now...that loss to Illinois reminded me of the 2009 loss AT Virginia Tech. Nebraska ended up having a pretty good year that year, and the infamous 1 second screw job in the big 12 title game.

Maybe since the illinois game reminded me of the 09 VT game. This team goes on a win streak and wins out...

Absolutely. Optimism is free.

Really? Miami we crapped the bed. It was a miracle that we even came close. That was a BLOWOUT. We almost crapped another bed to So. Miss.

By the way....Huskers just threw another long pass and it was incomplete. DL will never learn.

In drawing comparisons to Callahan, it reminded me more of the texa$$ game where Bill made an equally stupid play call with the pass to Nunn on 4th down.

Go sell your crazy somewhere else. We are already stocked up around here.

Go sell your crazy somewhere else. We are already stocked up around here.

Great movie, great quote!

In drawing comparisons to Callahan, it reminded me more of the texa$$ game where Bill made an equally stupid play call with the pass to Nunn on 4th down.

Oh much better comparison as Riley has now allowed the once banned word of 'he who must not be named' back in our dictionaries.

That play was brutal as well, but not as bad as this one as beating Texas would have been huge. Beating Illinois should have been, just another Saturday.