2011-2015 recruiting and where they are. Might be some of this 2-4

Here's a question Sargon. 5 star Marlin lucky or 3 star Ameer Abdullah?

Correlation isn't 1 BRV920. Guess you're not a statistics wonk. Your case here isn't a good one anyway since both players were major contributors and Ameer was a high 3 and a 4. Not sure why I see your posts I ignored you a long time ago.

Always consider the source.

Now, someone fact checks, it turns out the source sucks. One size's paper assertions fall flat, and they choose to ignore it and try to snipe about semantics? Oy. Some argument.

Basically, what we've found out is Riles is hamstrung by a roster that's short on guys, has poor depth in areas, and consists of some level of guys who haven't bought in and would rather their old coach was still here.

Pretty. Damn. Difficult. Situation.

Throwing some numbers out try to follow.

If you recruit 4 and 5 star talent and keept 40% those players on the team, you have something.

If you recruit 2 and 3 star talent and keep 40% of those players, were never going to get over the hump.

Nebraska has ranked in the mid 30's for too many years, and has accumulated way too many 2 and 3 star players.

Yes those star ratings can be skewed. Remember 40% of great, is not the same as in 40% of average.

Goes back to needing more 4 and 5 star difference makers. QB, RB, WR, DE, CB, and lineman. If you give me a 4 or 5 star RB with a 4 or 5 star WR, with a 4 start QB, now were talking. YOu can build the rest out of those who really want to be here and play.

When your buidling around 3 star with more 2 nad 3 star talent, look up Nebraska for the last 10 years. This is what you have.

By the way, when someone says you have as much talent as any one in the Big 10 West div, think about that! What is that really saying? Yes I think they are right........lost to Illinois, and Wisky by a few points, seems to me that statement is right on. Doesn't mean that anyone has an over abundance of talent. Michigan St has receivers, and a really good QB, and a decent Defense, other than that do you really see a difference in them over Wisky right now? Iowa? Nebraska, Northwestern?

But statement doesn't say that your a top 15 program or any of them are for that matter.

Even for some on here, if you listen to yourselves say that comment " We have just as much talent as anybody else in the West has"..................is that a good statement about the state of this program? Think about how that sounds. Your talking about a division in football,that is top to bottom one of the weakest. Is this statement a part of the reason we lost 7 of our last 10 games played?

Always consider the source.

Now, someone fact checks, it turns out the source sucks. One size's paper assertions fall flat, and they choose to ignore it and try to snipe about semantics? Oy. Some argument.

Basically, what we've found out is Riles is hamstrung by a roster that's short on guys, has poor depth in areas, and consists of some level of guys who haven't bought in and would rather their old coach was still here.

Pretty. Damn. Difficult. Situation.

It's a lot easier to go into a program coming off of a four or five win season with good players much like we're seeing at Michigan and Florida than it is to go into a program coming off a nine win season with average players. If we're learning nothing else, it should be clear that Bo Pelini is a pretty good coach. He was able to take average players and win nine games a season. However, he was pretty poor at finding and recruiting good players. Bo's a great defensive mind, but his defenses here were regressing rapidly. I don't think it had anything to do with his scheme. It had all to do with the players executing the scheme. He inherited some good players, and his defense worked very well. When he had to restock the cupboard after those good players graduated, he did a pretty poor job.

There's probably not another four loss team out there this year that fights and tries as hard as this team. I have yet to see them give up where as in the past couple of years I clearly saw the team give up. There's still a lot of things to be worked on, but there are positives there as well.

• Fire 2

Again, when you here" We have as much talent as anyone in the Big 10 West division" whats that really saying about a program who in the only program in that division to ever win a NC.

Study that phrase a lot. It says alot about this program going forward.

Think about it long and hard.

It's a lot easier to go into a program coming off of a four or five win season with good players much like we're seeing at Michigan and Florida than it is to go into a program coming off a nine win season with average players.

You really nailed it, in this and the rest of your post. +1.

Personally, I'm seeing more development of a lot of our position groups than has been done in a LONG time here. Our OL is underrated IMO, Tommy (although he's had 2 rough games) has developed as a passer, and our DL (granted, that was the position stocked with talent) has played very well. Also, LB's. I'm very impressed with Coach Bray.

The biggest problems are #1 - Pass Defense. Terrible technique in the secondary, though it was improved Saturday until the defense got gassed. and #2 - Offensive identity. We don't know who we are offensively yet.

It's a lot easier to go into a program coming off of a four or five win season with good players much like we're seeing at Michigan and Florida than it is to go into a program coming off a nine win season with average players.

Now that is some pretzel logic.

So Pelini was a horrible coach who was able to win 9 games with horrible talent. But the Florida and Michigan coaches were so much more horrible than Bo that they could only win 4 or 5 with excellent talent???

Again, when you here" We have as much talent as anyone in the Big 10 West division" whats that really saying about a program who in the only program in that division to ever win a NC.

Study that phrase a lot. It says alot about this program going forward.

Think about it long and hard.

I did study the phrase and I think you have to put some conditions around it to make it true, see: Minnesota, Illinois even Iowa.

I think it's comical that you guys think I spent more than 2 minutes looking that up. I googled it and read the first article. Found some numbers and posted a link. I'm not going to spend 3 hours researching it. But as it turns out even Kernals numbers support the fact that Nebraska's attrition is in line with everyone else's. I know it pains you guys that you can't pin this on Bo somehow. For the record I think Riley deserves 4 years unless the wheels absolutely fall off and it would be the best thing for the university if he can bring us back. But I spent the last 10 months hearing about how this staff was going to blow us away with their experience and coaching. So far I haven't seen it.

Now that is some pretzel logic.

So Pelini was a horrible coach who was able to win 9 games with horrible talent. But the Florida and Michigan coaches were so much more horrible than Bo that they could only win 4 or 5 with excellent talent???

Bo was saved by having one great player on each side of the ball. Ameer and Randy covered up a lot of warts that his teams had. (McNeese State and NW to name a few). Throw in easy schedules and you have the vaunted "9 wins" that he had each year along with the blowouts against anyone with a heartbeat. Of course he gets credit for bringing those guys here, but if he would have payed more attention and put more effort into recruiting, he may still be here. Right now we are 4-5 players ahead of Pelini's "pace" of getting commitments and that is very good thing. Not to mention we have already started on 2017 and 2018 classes.

I think it's comical that you guys think I spent more than 2 minutes looking that up. I googled it and read the first article. Found some numbers and posted a link. I'm not going to spend 3 hours researching it. But as it turns out even Kernals numbers support the fact that Nebraska's attrition is in line with everyone else's. I know it pains you guys that you can't pin this on Bo somehow. For the record I think Riley deserves 4 years unless the wheels absolutely fall off and it would be the best thing for the university if he can bring us back. But I spent the last 10 months hearing about how this staff was going to blow us away with their experience and coaching. So far I haven't seen it.

You're right. We haven't seen much from Riley to inspire us. We've seen the opposite. Poor clock management, questionable playcalling/gameplanning, mind boggling RB rotation... it's been ugly so far. I'd say we'd seen much improved QB play, but Tommy has seemingly regressed the last two games.

But there's no reason it has to be an either-or proposition. It's that damn Boliever/Boleaver rift rearing it's ugly head again. Why can't we agree that perhaps Bo left Riley a relatively empty cupboard of talent, and Riley has done himself no favors blundering some huge moments and taking his sweet time learning how to utilize the talent he does have?

This is what I'm starting to believe. I will say I think Riley inherited a very difficult situation and I'm hopeful given his pedigree he'll get better as we move forward.

• Fire 3

Depends on what you are calling relatively empty Dudeguyy? If you are saying we don't have national championship level talent I would agree. But do we have enough talent to win the west and play for the conference championship? I'd say yes! So far this year coaching has been a bigger problem than talent. Hopefully Riley gets it's figured out. I just get tired of everything being blamed on Bo. People point to the toxic attitude around the program but fail to mention the role Harvey played in it.

• Fire 1