Its Broken Chair Week!

Red Five

I was very surprised that the Huskers actually tweeted out a picture of Riley holding the trophy as I thought they would distance them selves from anything to do with Bo, a Twitter account but still, after they hire/fire an announcer after learning he was a Bo supporter.

This trophy is fun, if guys like McShane, and gunderson can play it up next year recruits and players will love it. Faux Pelini will be widely popular until he gives the gig up

Shatel:

http://www.omaha.com/sports/shatel-finally-a-trophy-with-legs-nebraska-minnesota-s-broken/article_48bd2dc1-aa7e-5b47-8ca0-e8903078eabf.html

You can have your pigs, your axes, your little brown jugs. Give me the broken chair.

It was in the possession of Nebraska coach Mike Riley late Saturday afternoon. There is a photo of Riley holding the Nebraska-Minnesota trophy in the locker room after the Huskers’ 48-25 victory.

The coach doesn’t know what he was holding. Still doesn’t.

“It looked like it was made in shop class,” Riley said. “Where does that come from?”

Told that it was created on the Internet, on Twitter, by the Minnesota mascot “Goldy,” and the guy who runs the fake Twitter account of former NU coach Bo Pelini, Riley’s jaw dropped.

“No way,” he said.

Way. And it’s perfect.

“Right now it’s in the (Nebraska) locker room, with the Heroes Trophy from last year,” Mosier said. “We’re going to have it out this Saturday before the Northwestern game, if some fans want to come down and see it, take a picture with it.”