Through these gates...

I don't think there's anyone here who doesn't support the kids.

The coaches, on the other hand...

Yes, you can be a fan of the program, support the team, and question the ability of the staff to get wins.

This.

I am so tired of the holier-than-though super fans who after every loss, will somberly declare that they "stand with the team" and denounce all the fair-weather fans who dare speak ill of the team. Guess what, super fans: It's okay to have a life. It's okay to turn off a game when it's embarrassing and painful to watch. It is even okay to stay home from a game or leave early if everything just stinks. It's a game. You are not a better person for enduring more crap than other fans. You are not some sort of soldier or martyr. You are just watching football.

Does anyone honestly believe Nebraska fans stop being fans because of a few bad seasons? Now, if you have a many decades long culture of losing and disinterest, then your fan base will eventually fade away. But that's never going to happen at Nebraska.

• Fire 1

I guess my point is lost in this crowd. Forget it. Sorry to bother you with my opinion.

Last thought, fire this coaching staff after one season or less, and you might want to really consider the message that sends through the coaching community. The next one better be the second coming of Christ...

I don't know about others, but if the entire staff and Eichorst were fired, it would send me a positive message

The OP would probably be better served checking out HuskerMax. There he'll find dozens of soft, old men who, golly, if the Huskers keep losing the next few years, might just be brought to a momentary point of frustration where they--gasp!--might even utter a discouraging word.

Agreed. I was banned for predicting an 9-4 finish and contradicting RR's recruiting predictions. That guy is an absolute joke. The AVERAGE prediction on that site for final regular season record this season was 11-1... that says it all. No negativity or criticism allowed!

When Riley ignored Orgeron and hired all his buddies, I said, "This has failure written all over it." I was, in turn, crucified; some people even used my quote as their sig line and couldn't wait to see Riley prove me wrong. I wonder what they're saying now.

Sing it, brother! Happened to me a few years ago for criticizing Pelini. Here's my best Red Reign impression:

<quotes post from someone with actual knowledge> "Yup."

<quotes post from someone with actual knowledge> "Agree"

:)

Hahaha yep. Anytime we land a 2-star recruit he says, "I really like his tape; Rivals doesn't know what they're talking about" and when a guy decommits or doesn't pick Nebraska he says, "No big loss, he wasn't that good anyway." Anytime I questioned our recruiting classes during Bo's tenure he'd say that I was in the minority and when I'd point out facts he'd say "I'm done arguing" and quote some of his sheepish lackeys who kiss his rear end and agree with whatever they said. Anytime I'd question his authority or gain the upper hand within a few hours I'd be given a vacation. I remember a couple years ago I predicted us to lose to Minnesota and the entire week leading up to the game he berated me and told me how clueless I was... then when we lost he pulled the old "You probably wanted us to lose" card. He was a huge fan of the Riley hire and when I raised concerns he'd say "no surprise there" and then he and his followers would go back to their circle jerk about how Riley with his newly-found resources would lead us to the promised land.

I am saddened by what I read in most of the threads here lately. We call ourselves the best fans in football all the time, yet the best fans wouldn't give up on their team. The best fans continue to support them, through good times and bad. Especially bad.

It is becoming clear that we are a front-running fanbase. No different and certainly no better than anyone else. Front-runners are not fans.

I will continue to support the Huskers because that is what a fan does. If you can't, I have no time for you.

This fan base is the greatest fan base in the country. For the last 16 years they have been dragged through the mud, raped, and pillaged. People in certain power positions have systematically destroyed everything that the fans have loved about this team over the last 65 plus years. For any fan based to endure this and still sell out every home game. How dare the OP question this fan base.