Sacrifice 2015

Redux

81 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My philosophy would be to play every game in order to win that particular game to the best of one's abilities and resources. If Nebraska isn't planning on doing that, then someone needs to renegotiate the prices of the tickets and sky boxes with the fans to reflect the intentional downgrade of the performance. One wouldn't go to a concert where the band threw out a half hearted performance because they were saving their voices for someone else somewhere on down the road.

Introduce to me the future coach that will sign an iron clad, "double your money back if not delighted" contract that guarantees 10+ wins and an appearance in the conference championship game and I would get behind it 102%...

...that's what we all have in mind, right?... :unsure:

Fear of the unknown should not be a determining factor when deciding on whether or not to retain a coach.

That being said, I think Riley should be given another year. I believe that O'Brien will be the starter next year (especially since he's enrolling in the spring) and that TA will be moved to a different position. O'Brien's play will determine whether Riley survives to Year 3. If he shows flashes of brilliance (a la Tommie Frazier as a freshman) then Riley will survive; if he struggles then he'll likely be shown the door due to fan and booster unrest.

Based on everything I've seen I think POB is a very good--not great--QB. It'll be up to how well he progresses under the tutelage of Riley and Langsdorf as to whether he can achieve greatness. A lot of pressure and weight will be falling on that young man's shoulders -- perhaps unfairly -- whether he realizes it or not.

Sucks that this is an anonymous vote.

I voted No for the reasons I stated in my post above. If it was worded differently, I might have voted Yes. I firmly believe Riley is in way over his head and will never have any success here. The sooner he's gone, the better.

How would you have worded it differently that would vhange your vote?

I explained my thoughts above. For starters, I wouldn't want 3-9 if 4-8 would also yield the same changes

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with your wording. Just that I voted No with your wording. Different (more precise) wording could have made me vote Yes..

For once, I can't disagree with your stance. I was in the same boat with Perini last year. The losses didn't bother me and I actually hoped for an Iowa loss if it'd be the ouster for Bo. He wasn't leading our program anywhere and needed to be gone to start rebuilding the team into something we can be proud of.

I'd imagine you feel the same way about Riley. I just feel like 7 years in is a lot more to base my opinion on vs. 8 games for Riley. I discount his record at OSU because OSU isn't NU. But we're all entitled to our own opinions.

I love watching them win and hate watching them lose too much to want them to lose out. Plus I wouldn't want Gangwish and Janovich to finish their Husker careers with a season like that. I don't believe Riley is the guy for the job, and am far from impressed with the product on the field. But I would never wish for this team to lose a game, let alone lose out.

Agree 100%