College Football Matrix: Anti-Coach Effect

Mavric

At least we're leading the country in something. :hmmph

For those new to my CFBMatrix, this is simply coaches doing less with more. Poor recruiters do not get much for negative coach effect. This is reserved for the guys that take a top 25 recruiter and make it bowl ineligible.

DEFENDING 2015 CHAMP: Brady Hoke – Michigan -5 games

WEEK 8 CHARLIE WEIS ANTI-CE LEADER BOARD – P5

Leader – 4 Games
Mike Riley – Nebraska*

3 Games
Frank Beamer – Virginia Tech

-2 games
Butch Jones – Tennessee
Charlie Strong – Texas
Steve Sarkisian – USC – FIRED
Darrell Hazell – Purdue
Jim Harbaugh – Michigan*
Chris Petersen – Washington
Mark Helfrich – Oregon
Gus Malzahn – Auburn
Al Golden – Miami FIRED WEEK 9
*1st Year HCs not eligible for Anti-COY

-1 Game
Derek Mason – Vanderbilt-1
David Beatty- Kansas -1
James Franklin – Penn State -1
Steve Spurrier – South Carolina -1 – QUIT
Randy Edsall – Maryland -1
Mike London – Virginia -1
Mark Richt – Georgia -1
Dave Doeren – NC State -1
Jim Mora – UCLA -1
Steve Addazio – Boston College -1
Dana Holgerson – West Virginia -1
#Gary Andersen – Oregon State
#Rich Rod – Arizona
#Jimbo Fisher – Florida State
#New to the leader board in week

Link

Is this based on recruiting rankings of the incoming class when they sign?

Or is it based upon the number of guys that are actually still on the team or panned out?

I mean, if they're just including committed classes, is that really an accurate way to do things? We have a lot of guys that were Pelini recruits that never made an impact when Pelini was here, and haven't been impact players in Riley's tenure yet. A bunch of them aren't even on the team anymore.

Obviously though, if we're talking about Riley doing less with more in THIS SEASON then it's only fair to judge him on what he actually has? Or is this just another one of those things we come up with to dump on Mike Riley....?

Mauro Bondi

Joe Carter

Max Pirman

Charles Jackson

Aaron Green

David Santos

Zach Sterup

Bubba Starling

Ryan Klachko

Tyler Moore

Aaron Curry

Corey Whitaker

Leroy Alexander

Jared Afalava

Avery Moss

Thomas Brown

Paul Thurston

Drake Martinez

Trevell Dixon

Dwayne Johnson

Boaz Joseph

Matt Finnin

Ernest Suttles

David Knevel

D.J. Singleton

Adam Taylor

Zach Hannon

Johnny Stanton

Gabriel Miller

Kevin Gladney

Greg Hart

Courtney Love

A.J. Natter

Deandre Wills

A.J. Bush

Sedrick King

Jariah Tolbert

Joe Keels

Jaevon Walton

Robert Lockhart

Peyton Newell

Lorenzo Stewart

Monte Harrison

Zack Darlington

Trai Mosley

Tanner Farmer

I mean.....that's a lot of names. Those are all committed players from 2011-2014 that have not really been impactful here at Nebraska. Riley's only been here 10 months.

Are all those let downs Rileys fault too?

Get f'ing' real.

• Fire 5

I mean.....that's a lot of names. Those are all committed players from 2011-2014 that have not really been impactful here at Nebraska. Riley's only been here 10 months.

Please remind me which games we've lost this season due to being the lesser talented team?

• Fire 3

Or is it based upon the number of guys that are actually still on the team or panned out?

I mean, if they're just including committed classes, is that really an accurate way to do things? We have a lot of guys that were Pelini recruits that never made an impact when Pelini was here, and haven't been impact players in Riley's tenure yet. A bunch of them aren't even on the team anymore.

Obviously though, if we're talking about Riley doing less with more in THIS SEASON then it's only fair to judge him on what he actually has? Or is this just another one of those things we come up with to dump on Mike Riley....?

Mauro Bondi

Joe Carter

Max Pirman

Charles Jackson

Aaron Green

David Santos

Zach Sterup

Bubba Starling

Ryan Klachko

Tyler Moore

Aaron Curry

Corey Whitaker

Leroy Alexander

Jared Afalava

Avery Moss

Thomas Brown

Paul Thurston

Drake Martinez

Trevell Dixon

Dwayne Johnson

Boaz Joseph

Matt Finnin

Ernest Suttles

David Knevel

D.J. Singleton

Adam Taylor

Zach Hannon

Johnny Stanton

Gabriel Miller

Kevin Gladney

Greg Hart

Courtney Love

A.J. Natter

Deandre Wills

A.J. Bush

Sedrick King

Jariah Tolbert

Joe Keels

Jaevon Walton

Robert Lockhart

Peyton Newell

Lorenzo Stewart

Monte Harrison

Zack Darlington

Trai Mosley

Tanner Farmer

Get f'ing' real.

Yeah, it's a crude metric. Recruiting rankings only tell some of the story, plus 1st year coaches can be at a disadvantage in this metric because they are changing systems from the existing talent. That's why they have the asterisk by their names.

I mean Harbaugh is at -2 and there's no question he's done a great job at Michigan thus far.

Please remind me which games we've lost this season due to being the lesser talented team?

Have you not seen our Offensive Line, Linebackers, Running Backs, QB and some corners? Miami and Wisconsin both have more talent.

We all love throwing this "talent" word around.

Which teams are making plays and which aren't? I don't give a sh#t how talented any of our guys claim to be, if you ain't making plays who gives a sh#t. Your talent isn't doing anybody any good.

• Fire 3

Mauro Bondi

Joe Carter

Max Pirman

Charles Jackson

Aaron Green

David Santos

Zach Sterup

Bubba Starling

Ryan Klachko

Tyler Moore

Aaron Curry

Corey Whitaker

Leroy Alexander

Jared Afalava

Avery Moss

Thomas Brown

Paul Thurston

Drake Martinez

Trevell Dixon

Dwayne Johnson

Boaz Joseph

Matt Finnin

Ernest Suttles

David Knevel

D.J. Singleton

Adam Taylor

Zach Hannon

Johnny Stanton

Gabriel Miller

Kevin Gladney

Greg Hart

Courtney Love

A.J. Natter

Deandre Wills

A.J. Bush

Sedrick King

Jariah Tolbert

Joe Keels

Jaevon Walton

Robert Lockhart

Peyton Newell

Lorenzo Stewart

Monte Harrison

Zack Darlington

Trai Mosley

Tanner Farmer

Get f'ing' real.

Don't bury this Huskerboard, like what tends to happen here.

I'd like an answer to this from the OP. This whole thing seems flawed.

Mauro Bondi

Joe Carter

Max Pirman

Charles Jackson

Aaron Green

David Santos

Zach Sterup

Bubba Starling

Ryan Klachko

Tyler Moore

Aaron Curry

Corey Whitaker

Leroy Alexander

Jared Afalava

Avery Moss

Thomas Brown

Paul Thurston

Drake Martinez

Trevell Dixon

Dwayne Johnson

Boaz Joseph

Matt Finnin

Ernest Suttles

David Knevel

D.J. Singleton

Adam Taylor

Zach Hannon

Johnny Stanton

Gabriel Miller

Kevin Gladney

Greg Hart

Courtney Love

A.J. Natter

Deandre Wills

A.J. Bush

Sedrick King

Jariah Tolbert

Joe Keels

Jaevon Walton

Robert Lockhart

Peyton Newell

Lorenzo Stewart

Monte Harrison

Zack Darlington

Trai Mosley

Tanner Farmer

Get f'ing' real.

Holy crap! Never knew we lost that many players.

• Fire 1

The talent level is low right now, you'd have to be blind to say otherwise. Doesn't mean we should be 3-5 but the roster needs to be upgraded in the worst way. We need Riley to do that regardless of what you think of him as a coach.

Let's list the number of NFL draft picks that will be drafted in the next 2 NFL drafts. Meaning upperclassmen mostly.

Maliek Collins

Vincent Valentine

Alex Lewis (potential?)

Jordan Westerkamp (maybe)

Nate Gerry (maybe)

Alonzo Moore (if he continues to improve)

The cupboard is barren. Hopefully we have more talent in the younger players.

• Fire 2

We all love throwing this "talent" word around.

Which teams are making plays and which aren't? I don't give a sh#t how talented any of our guys claim to be, if you ain't making plays who gives a sh#t. Your talent isn't doing anybody any good.

This I totally agree with. What 'talent' do we have exactly? Who on the field is just oozing talent throughout a game? I can name maybe, at most, 5 players who I would say have more than average talent (and even that might be generous). We are mediocre all over the field, and this includes the sideline.

• Fire 1

Have you not seen our Offensive Line, Linebackers, Running Backs, QB and some corners? Miami and Wisconsin both have more talent.

So if you feel like counting Miami and Wisconsin, there's 2. What's our record again?

• Fire 2