College Football Matrix: Anti-Coach Effect

Mavric

Is this based on recruiting rankings of the incoming class when they sign?

Or is it based upon the number of guys that are actually still on the team or panned out?

I mean, if they're just including committed classes, is that really an accurate way to do things? We have a lot of guys that were Pelini recruits that never made an impact when Pelini was here, and haven't been impact players in Riley's tenure yet. A bunch of them aren't even on the team anymore.

Obviously though, if we're talking about Riley doing less with more in THIS SEASON then it's only fair to judge him on what he actually has? Or is this just another one of those things we come up with to dump on Mike Riley....?

Mauro Bondi

Joe Carter

Max Pirman

Charles Jackson

Aaron Green

David Santos

Zach Sterup

Bubba Starling

Ryan Klachko

Tyler Moore

Aaron Curry

Corey Whitaker

Leroy Alexander

Jared Afalava

Avery Moss

Thomas Brown

Paul Thurston

Drake Martinez

Trevell Dixon

Dwayne Johnson

Boaz Joseph

Matt Finnin

Ernest Suttles

David Knevel

D.J. Singleton

Adam Taylor

Zach Hannon

Johnny Stanton

Gabriel Miller

Kevin Gladney

Greg Hart

Courtney Love

A.J. Natter

Deandre Wills

A.J. Bush

Sedrick King

Jariah Tolbert

Joe Keels

Jaevon Walton

Robert Lockhart

Peyton Newell

Lorenzo Stewart

Monte Harrison

Zack Darlington

Trai Mosley

Tanner Farmer

I mean.....that's a lot of names. Those are all committed players from 2011-2014 that have not really been impactful here at Nebraska. Riley's only been here 10 months.

Are all those let downs Rileys fault too?

Get f'ing' real.

Mavric? I am curious about this whole list. Would you be able to answer any of those questions.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-DJzBC__c-l0qjak6b70XmWn36utsqjzlRpGaEyvVgA/edit?copiedFromTrash

Your question has been covered before. Sure it seems like we've lost a lot, but our attrition is right on par with the rest of the conference. So can't use that excuse

• Fire 2

Or is it based upon the number of guys that are actually still on the team or panned out?

I mean, if they're just including committed classes, is that really an accurate way to do things? We have a lot of guys that were Pelini recruits that never made an impact when Pelini was here, and haven't been impact players in Riley's tenure yet. A bunch of them aren't even on the team anymore.

Obviously though, if we're talking about Riley doing less with more in THIS SEASON then it's only fair to judge him on what he actually has? Or is this just another one of those things we come up with to dump on Mike Riley....?

Mauro Bondi

Joe Carter

Max Pirman

Charles Jackson

Aaron Green

David Santos

Zach Sterup

Bubba Starling

Ryan Klachko

Tyler Moore

Aaron Curry

Corey Whitaker

Leroy Alexander

Jared Afalava

Avery Moss

Thomas Brown

Paul Thurston

Drake Martinez

Trevell Dixon

Dwayne Johnson

Boaz Joseph

Matt Finnin

Ernest Suttles

David Knevel

D.J. Singleton

Adam Taylor

Zach Hannon

Johnny Stanton

Gabriel Miller

Kevin Gladney

Greg Hart

Courtney Love

A.J. Natter

Deandre Wills

A.J. Bush

Sedrick King

Jariah Tolbert

Joe Keels

Jaevon Walton

Robert Lockhart

Peyton Newell

Lorenzo Stewart

Monte Harrison

Zack Darlington

Trai Mosley

Tanner Farmer

I mean.....that's a lot of names. Those are all committed players from 2011-2014 that have not really been impactful here at Nebraska. Riley's only been here 10 months.

Get f'ing' real.

Mavric? I am curious about this whole list. Would you be able to answer any of those questions.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-DJzBC__c-l0qjak6b70XmWn36utsqjzlRpGaEyvVgA/edit?copiedFromTrash

Your question has been covered before. Sure it seems like we've lost a lot, but our attrition is right on par with the rest of the conference. So can't use that excuse

I didn't ask that genius.

I asked if they are counting all those recruits in making the rankings.

Maybe read what you're commenting on before you comment on it.

I also don't buy that. I don't believe we are on par with the rest of the conference, but that is beside the point I am making here.

Mauro Bondi

Joe Carter

Max Pirman

Charles Jackson

Aaron Green

David Santos

Zach Sterup

Bubba Starling

Ryan Klachko

Tyler Moore

Aaron Curry

Corey Whitaker

Leroy Alexander

Jared Afalava

Avery Moss

Thomas Brown

Paul Thurston

Drake Martinez

Trevell Dixon

Dwayne Johnson

Boaz Joseph

Matt Finnin

Ernest Suttles

David Knevel

D.J. Singleton

Adam Taylor

Zach Hannon

Johnny Stanton

Gabriel Miller

Kevin Gladney

Greg Hart

Courtney Love

A.J. Natter

Deandre Wills

A.J. Bush

Sedrick King

Jariah Tolbert

Joe Keels

Jaevon Walton

Robert Lockhart

Peyton Newell

Lorenzo Stewart

Monte Harrison

Zack Darlington

Trai Mosley

Tanner Farmer

Get f'ing' real.

I didn't ask that genius.

I asked if they are counting all those recruits in making the rankings.

Maybe read what you're commenting on before you comment on it.

I also don't buy that. I don't believe we are on par with the rest of the conference, but that is beside the point I am making here.

The point was you're making it seem like we're the only team in college football that has problems with recruits not panning out. We aren't, it happens all across the league. As for not believing we're not on par with the rest of the conference, are you just not a believer in statistics? The graph clearly shows we have an attrition rate that's average with the rest of the conference.

• Fire 1

Mauro Bondi

Joe Carter

Max Pirman

Charles Jackson

Aaron Green

David Santos

Zach Sterup

Bubba Starling

Ryan Klachko

Tyler Moore

Aaron Curry

Corey Whitaker

Leroy Alexander

Jared Afalava

Avery Moss

Thomas Brown

Paul Thurston

Drake Martinez

Trevell Dixon

Dwayne Johnson

Boaz Joseph

Matt Finnin

Ernest Suttles

David Knevel

D.J. Singleton

Adam Taylor

Zach Hannon

Johnny Stanton

Gabriel Miller

Kevin Gladney

Greg Hart

Courtney Love

A.J. Natter

Deandre Wills

A.J. Bush

Sedrick King

Jariah Tolbert

Joe Keels

Jaevon Walton

Robert Lockhart

Peyton Newell

Lorenzo Stewart

Monte Harrison

Zack Darlington

Trai Mosley

Tanner Farmer

Get f'ing' real.

Don't bury this Huskerboard, like what tends to happen here.

I'd like an answer to this from the OP. This whole thing seems flawed.

How about doing the same research for other teams, or do you think Nebraska is the only team that ever lost a high ranked recruit before he panned out?

• Fire 1

I don't know what methodology he is using. I tried looking around on his site but couldn't find it. Admittedly, I didn't look all that long.

But I had a thread on how much "talent" is on actual rosters today. 247 did the analysis:

247 broke down all schools by their current roster and those player's rating out of high school.

Obviously this is imperfect because it's more potential than production but it is better than signing class rankings as it takes into account players that have left (or transferred in).

Nebraska came in at #25. Miami was #20. Miami has two five-stars. Tracy Howard started at CB and made a couple plays. Chad Thomas was on the participation report but had no stats. Miami has an edge in four-stars 25-21 while Nebraska has more three-stars 54-47.

Other Nebraska Opponents:

BYU - 52

South Alabama - Not in Top 100

Southern Miss - 88

Illinois - 58

Wisconsin - 40

Minnesota - 62

Northwestern - 48

Purdue - 61

Michigan State - 23

Rutgers - 46

Iowa - 53

• Fire 2

Mauro Bondi

Joe Carter

Max Pirman

Charles Jackson

Aaron Green

David Santos

Zach Sterup

Bubba Starling

Ryan Klachko

Tyler Moore

Aaron Curry

Corey Whitaker

Leroy Alexander

Jared Afalava

Avery Moss

Thomas Brown

Paul Thurston

Drake Martinez

Trevell Dixon

Dwayne Johnson

Boaz Joseph

Matt Finnin

Ernest Suttles

David Knevel

D.J. Singleton

Adam Taylor

Zach Hannon

Johnny Stanton

Gabriel Miller

Kevin Gladney

Greg Hart

Courtney Love

A.J. Natter

Deandre Wills

A.J. Bush

Sedrick King

Jariah Tolbert

Joe Keels

Jaevon Walton

Robert Lockhart

Peyton Newell

Lorenzo Stewart

Monte Harrison

Zack Darlington

Trai Mosley

Tanner Farmer

Get f'ing' real.

Just quantitatively? Or qualitatively, too? I would think losing 2 2* players might not hurt as much as losing 1 4* player.

from another board. In Nebraska's games so far the team with more talent on their 2 deep has one 6 times out of 8. the two teams that had less talent and won. Illinois, and BYU.

Here are the numbers for Purdue. Nebraska, barely has better talent, so we got that going for us, which is nice.

http://i.imgur.com/ALcofAt.png

Wt35zB4.png

ALcofAt.png

http://i.imgur.com/Wt35zB4.png

I wonder which board...

Out of curiosity, I also wonder what the separation is between all of the depth charts across the B10. How much more talented is Michigan or MSU than Purdue, for example.

Rivals decimal rankings are a ridiculous way to compare because they simply aren't precise. You have a hack, can't even be a real journalist, recruitnik basically throwing darts at a board to assign points. It's a sham.

Mauro Bondi

Joe Carter

Max Pirman

Charles Jackson

Aaron Green

David Santos

Zach Sterup

Bubba Starling

Ryan Klachko

Tyler Moore

Aaron Curry

Corey Whitaker

Leroy Alexander

Jared Afalava

Avery Moss

Thomas Brown

Paul Thurston

Drake Martinez

Trevell Dixon

Dwayne Johnson

Boaz Joseph

Matt Finnin

Ernest Suttles

David Knevel

D.J. Singleton

Adam Taylor

Zach Hannon

Johnny Stanton

Gabriel Miller

Kevin Gladney

Greg Hart

Courtney Love

A.J. Natter

Deandre Wills

A.J. Bush

Sedrick King

Jariah Tolbert

Joe Keels

Jaevon Walton

Robert Lockhart

Peyton Newell

Lorenzo Stewart

Monte Harrison

Zach Darlington

Trai Mosley

Tanner Farmer

Get f'ing' real.

Why is tanner farmer on that list? Why are a number of other guys who contributed or are still in the roster on that list?

It's a chicken sh#t list.

And, the methodology is that it adjusts for attrition

After this last comment I had to take a closer look at your list RA. The ones in bold are still on the roster as either redshirt freshmen/sophomores or on the two deep in the depth chart in other words these guys can still make an impact in their Husker career. Can't just write these guys off.