One more thought about Mike Riley

ndobney

Or.......?

Maybe you don't get it.

If you think Mike Riley and his coaches have come in and changed the way these juniors and seniors play the game, from their attitude/mentality, fundamentals, aggression and technique, all in 10 months? Then maybe you're missing the obvious.

Kalu, Dedrick Young, Chris Weber, Marcus Newby, Chris Jones, Freedom Akinmoladun all some of the youngest guys on the defense, and probably playing the best football of each position group. we are seeing out there.

Nick Gates has already earned the reputation as our best offensive linemen, he's a redshirt freshman. Stanley Morgan is coming along nicely. Alonzo Moore's improvement over one season is remarkable even as he's in his JR. season, Riley made it clear that he loves Alonzo Moore for a big reason. Says Moore is easy to teach and willing to learn. It's been the one guy I've heard Riley really go out of his way to display how much he respected that.

Now I'm not saying for sure, because I don't know, but is it possible that some of these younger guys are more apt to have success because it's easier to wash away the old schemes, the old techniques, and the old piss poor attitude of the former staff? It's really possible.

I'd believe that before I would believe that a bunch of new coaches came in and have complete ownership of every aspect of this JR. and SR. laden team all in 10 months of coaching football here.

The older guys on this team are ingrained with the things they've been taught and the way they learned them. Sometimes it takes longer to unlearn and break the old habits before you can become the player you need to be in a new system AND a new culture.

Young guys on this team have a leg up in that aspect, lucky for us, Bo didn't get a lot of younger guys involved too much. The stories about practice were that a lot of guys stood around. We know we didn't see a whole lot of depth established in games. So the instincts, both on and off the field, may not be so deeply lodged into their being.

Good for those guys.

They have less of the old "stench" to wash off. In my opinion, that's a good thing.

Not to mention, the older guys are probably also sick of hearing the coaches talk about how neat it is here with everything from fan support to resources and people that care etc. Since theyve been convinced for multiple years how much of a bitch it is here.

Im serious about this.

• Fire 2