If Nebraska makes staff changes on D and ST, will you feel better about 2016?

If Riley brings in a new ST coach or just scraps that idea all together and brings in a new D Coordinator/Secondary/Dline coach will you feel better about 2016?  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'd really like to see how this program does with some real continuity for once. I know that's not realistic these days, but it would be nice to see.

Me too True. If you think about it, Bo didn't even have that. He had to replace Sanders and Eckler on the defensive side and revamp the offense by getting rid of Watson etc.

• Fire 1

Personal opinion, but I don't think the 2008 schedule was all that much harder than what we've got this year. And Banker's D is getting destroyed quite like Bo's did in big ones. We'll have to wait for the top 10 matchup for a clearer picture.

Other than facing 4 teams that finished in the top 15, and a bunch of really good (like set the scoring record good) offenses vs maybe 2 teams finishing in the top 15 and a bunch of average/bad offenses... sure.
Nice try.

I'll give you that Mizzou, Oklahoma, and Tezas Tech were better than any offense we've faced. But it was them and Kansas and everyone else. Va Tech was no great shakes offensively. It was a weak non-con outside of them. Then Baylor, ISU, KSU, Colorado.

I'm shaking.

In 2008 we faced:

Western Michigan - #26

San Jose State - #112

New Mexico State - #78

Virginia Tech - #79

Missouri - #5

Texas Tech - #4

Iowa State - #56

Baylor - #63

Oklahoma - #2

Kansas - #19

Kansas State - #47

Colorado - #99

Average: 49

In 2015 we have:

BYU - #17

S. Alabama - #91

Miami - #73

S. Miss - #8

Illinois - #88

Wisconsin - #41

Minnesota - #107

Northwestern - #89

Purdue - #108

MSU - #35

Rutgers - #58

Iowa - #61

Average: #65

in 2008, we faced 5 top 30 offense 3 of which were top 5. This year, we're looking at 2 (although Sparty may climb after they play us).

Plus, 2015 numbers will continue to go down as conference play goes on.

BYU is not the #17 offense. They are ranked #39 in scoring O.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/stats/byteam?cat1=offense&cat2=Total&conference=I-A_all&year=2015&sort=537