Hey guys

ADS

Took off last week from the board to clear my head and make my own assumptions about this season/staff and was hoping we could come out today and out class this pathetic Purdue team.

The more the game went on the more I realized that this game had the same feeling of the 2007 season. High scoring and zero emotion at all. It just feels like the players and coaches just don't care anymore.

At this point I think everyone wants this staff gone and to start over new. It's not that simple. No coach with half a brain would come here after we fired a guy after one season. I do think that some assistants need to be shown the door though (Banker, Read, Stewart, and Langsdorf).

Just wanted to say that I missed you guys and even though this season is a wash and it sucks. But I'm still going to support the university and embrace any decision that is made regarding the football program.

GBR

Heck, at this point I just want a coach who shows a little emotion on the sidelines, looks like he actually works, and we beat Illinois, Purdue, a down Northwestern team, and Minnesota. Doesn't seem like too high expectations for me. In fact, at this point, any coach who comes in, who is younger than 55 will feel like a savior to me.

Interesting you say coaches. Had this discussion with a freind earlier. thoughts?

What you think about the coaches giving up on the team? I mean. Theyre human too. Even thought 6-7 figure salaries are enough to ask that you behave like you arent (lol). But what if. What if they see the same emotionless, effortless performance day after day-not week after week-day after day, despite doing everything they can to get it out of them. At what point as a coach do you say to hell with it. I'm moving on to next year already. Implementing my full system. Doing what I can do for ME to be comfortable.

Now, it's an interesting debate. To me anyway. Me? I think their could be something to it. Riley seems very apathetic right now. And why not? He's old. Frankly he dont have to give a sh#t. But I dotn think there's too much. Because I still see some guys who shoulda been on the bench weeks ago still playing. Case in point. Why did it take umpteen injuries and family issues to get Aaron Williams on the field with Gerry still pulling the same pelini pity party bullsh#t he has all year.

So I still put the ownus half on the coaches. At some point they have to pull the rug out. But it's still and interesting thought as people always wanna talk about players quitting on coaches. At what point to coaches quit on players?