GO HUSKERS! BEAT SPARTY!

admo

On paper, it's a prime upset candidate. Home dog whose not as bad as their record vs road favorite that is neither as good as their record nor road tested. Add in the fact the favorite is another bad big ten offense and it's prime upset fodder.

However, to date Nebraska, in an attempt to make me look stupid every week, finds a way to allow teams with no offense to generate some. Still, despite weeks of being wrong, I'd still like to think one of these days a bad big ten offense can be treated as such.

• Fire 3

On paper, it's a prime upset candidate. Home dog whose not as bad as their record vs road favorite that is neither as good as their record nor road tested. Add in the fact the favorite is another bad big ten offense and it's prime upset fodder.

However, to date Nebraska, in an attempt to make me look stupid every week, finds a way to allow teams with no offense to generate some. Still, despite weeks of being wrong, I'd still like to think one of these days a bad big ten offense can be treated as such.

:laughpound

They just need to come out and play like they have nothing to lose, which they don't, and let the chips fall where they may. I think offensively NU can score on them this is not a vintage MSU defense. The big problem will be can Nebraska get enough stops defensively to win the game. Conner Cook throws the back shoulder pass as well as I have ever seen a college QB throw it. Stop CC and they can win the game.

Oh, and GO BIG RED

Beat Sparty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Fire 2

NU has the talent to win this game, and I think they pull it off.

Using what, imo, is a flawed methodology, but one that has been popularly adopted around the boards, comparing offenses, NU is as or more talented offensively:

EDIT: is it possible to cut and paste or create a table in this?

The numbers are:

Nebraska Offense - 5.59 rating(2.9 stars)

Michigan State Offense - 5.66 rating (3.0 stars)

In fact, if one controls for the walkons, of which NU is starting 2 versus 1 on offense, NU's average among scholarship players is actually higher in terms of "star power" and an identical in terms of rating numbers (5.7 for each).

I'll have to run the defensive numbers when I have more time.

(and suffice to say, imagine my surprise when I discovered Purdue is actually as or more talented than MSU based on this methodology)

• Fire 1