Volkswagen and Nebraska Football

BIG ERN

Pettit ignores that:

1. Bo did tell them they should work hard for their new coach (you can read the audio transcrip).

LOL....this is akin to:

Father going through divorce and having a supper with his young kids: "Kids, your mother is a rotten slutty whore that is a cowardice bitch and is impossible to live with. Her a-hole parents are clueless and do nothing but tear me apart for no reason other than their own hidden motives......But, I want you to try your best to love her and your grand parents. But, if you don't want to love them, there are other places you can live. Good luck."

Yeah....that really inspires the thought of saying goodbye in a supportive way. But...hey....he did say, "But, I want you to try your best to love them".

Bad analogy. Bo didn't bad mouth his successor. He only talked badly about Pederhorst. And he told the truth.

A better analogy would be the dad telling the kids that their mother is a wonderful woman, but her boss is a jackass.

Bo talked badly about many more then SE on many occasions. he hated everyone and everything here at Nebraska and made it well known to his players how he felt. he pissed in the well every chance he had. but he did...at the end of telling everyone how bad it was here...tell them to support their new coach. Mike may be the only person he didn't throw under the bus from Nebraska....good thing you are here to do that for Bo.

That's patently false, but if it helps you deal with this crap season, believe whatever you want.

who did Bo like besides himself and his players?

I won't answer that. I wouldn't do that to ya, man! I can tell you need to believe your narrative.

Translation....

Nobody that GBRedneck can think of.

I interacted with Bo on several occasions. We actually have quite a few mutual friends. Away from sports, he was a very cool guy. Around sports, he was probably the most competitve person I ever met, meaning he absolutely hated to lose and wore his emotions on his sleeve.

Sorry that doesn't fit the prevailing narrative. I hope I didn't ruin anybody's day.

And the TRUTH finally comes out.

GBRedneck is buddies with BO. Shock me!!! No wonder you have an agenda against SE, HP and MR.

LOL....eventually it was going to come out.

• Fire 1

Pettit ignores that:

1. Bo did tell them they should work hard for their new coach (you can read the audio transcrip).

LOL....this is akin to:

Father going through divorce and having a supper with his young kids: "Kids, your mother is a rotten slutty whore that is a cowardice bitch and is impossible to live with. Her a-hole parents are clueless and do nothing but tear me apart for no reason other than their own hidden motives......But, I want you to try your best to love her and your grand parents. But, if you don't want to love them, there are other places you can live. Good luck."

Yeah....that really inspires the thought of saying goodbye in a supportive way. But...hey....he did say, "But, I want you to try your best to love them".

Bad analogy. Bo didn't bad mouth his successor. He only talked badly about Pederhorst. And he told the truth.

A better analogy would be the dad telling the kids that their mother is a wonderful woman, but her boss is a jackass.

Bo talked badly about many more then SE on many occasions. he hated everyone and everything here at Nebraska and made it well known to his players how he felt. he pissed in the well every chance he had. but he did...at the end of telling everyone how bad it was here...tell them to support their new coach. Mike may be the only person he didn't throw under the bus from Nebraska....good thing you are here to do that for Bo.

That's patently false, but if it helps you deal with this crap season, believe whatever you want.

I won't answer that. I wouldn't do that to ya, man! I can tell you need to believe your narrative.

lol no answer. got it.

OK, you asked for it. Pretty much all the Catholics in Lincoln. Bo bought Pius X a brand new turf football field out of his own pocket. Pretty much all the parents and players on his kids' youth sports teams. Maybe

Pretty much everyone who he interacted with on a personal basis. Ummm....absolutely not. I know and have talked to a number of people who had spent time around him long before his last year that thought the guy was a total ass and treated them like crap. Back when I supported the guy, I got into some really heated arguments with people I thought just didn't like the guy. Hmmmm....similar to what you are doing now. Yep, I was on your side. Funny thing.....those people were right.

The only ones he didn't like were the fairweathered fans who booed at games and left early (or the ones who would've if they had been there.) And they are pretty easy to spot, because they say very similar things to what you've been posting.

Ah, you're one of those guys that think a couple anecdotal incidents prove something.

Pettit ignores that:

LOL....this is akin to:

LOL...nothing in my analogy said anything about a successor. My analogy is spot on.

It is absolutely laughable and scary at the same time that you can look at the transcript or listen to his words and not think he was poisoning the thoughts of those players towards the administration and their future as a Husker football team. His actions are almost classic abusive actions in a relationship.

That "abusive relationship" analogy is in such poor taste.
LOL....What?????

We are talking about a guy who absolutely had no respect for any of us as fans. He had absolutely NO respect for anyone above him that even thought of questioning him (Except maybe TO.....maybe). And you call MY post about him in poor taste?

Sorry if you can't see it. But, his actions are EXACTLY in line with an abusive relationship. His relationship with these players and program had NOTHING to do with the program or the players. It ALWAYS was about him in his mind.

I supported him every single day he was here until I had my eyes opened half way through his last year. It's amazing to me the people who are absolutely blind to his actions in this.

Pfffft....an abusive relationship. So many exaggerations in this post. Stop being a drama queen.

Did anyone file a restraining order against him?

Did I say it was? I said his actions are LIKE an abusive relationship.

BTW....if you want to see a drama queen, take a look at the drama queen that needed to call a team meeting after he was fired to cry about how horrible he was treated waaa waaaa waaaaa.

• Fire 1

Pettit ignores that:

LOL....this is akin to:

lol no answer. got it.

OK, you asked for it. Pretty much all the Catholics in Lincoln. Bo bought Pius X a brand new turf football field out of his own pocket. Pretty much all the parents and players on his kids' youth sports teams. Maybe

Pretty much everyone who he interacted with on a personal basis. Ummm....absolutely not. I know and have talked to a number of people who had spent time around him long before his last year that thought the guy was a total ass and treated them like crap. Back when I supported the guy, I got into some really heated arguments with people I thought just didn't like the guy. Hmmmm....similar to what you are doing now. Yep, I was on your side. Funny thing.....those people were right.

The only ones he didn't like were the fairweathered fans who booed at games and left early (or the ones who would've if they had been there.) And they are pretty easy to spot, because they say very similar things to what you've been posting.

Ah, you're one of those guys that think a couple anecdotal incidents prove something.

Yeah...that's what I used to say to them too. Good job toting the line for your buddy.

Pettit ignores that:

LOL....this is akin to:

Translation....

I interacted with Bo on several occasions. We actually have quite a few mutual friends. Away from sports, he was a very cool guy. Around sports, he was probably the most competitve person I ever met, meaning he absolutely hated to lose and wore his emotions on his sleeve.

Sorry that doesn't fit the prevailing narrative. I hope I didn't ruin anybody's day.

GBRedneck is buddies with BO. Shock me!!! No wonder you have an agenda against SE, HP and MR.

No, if I was buddies with Bo, I would have said so. Due to having some mutual friends there were times when I was at a gathering where Bo also attended. I shook his hand and said hello a couple times. I doubt if he would remember my name if he saw me. He would definitely remember my pretty face.

Pettit ignores that:

LOL....this is akin to:

Translation....

No, if I was buddies with Bo, I would have said so. Due to having some mutual friends there were times when I was at a gathering where Bo also attended. I shook his hand and said hello a couple times. I doubt if he would remember my name if he saw me. He would definitely remember my pretty face.

Soooooo.....you are saying since you shook his hand, you know what kind of guy he is.

Hmmmm....you must be one hell of a judge of character by being able to do that.

Pettit ignores that:

LOL....this is akin to:

Translation....

Soooooo.....you are saying since you shook his hand, you know what kind of guy he is.

HAHAHAHA! I'm sorry I said anything. If I knew it would upset and confuse you so much I would've kept quiet.

Pettit ignores that:

LOL....this is akin to:

lol no answer. got it.

I laughed out loud.

Pettit ignores that:

LOL....this is akin to:

LOL...nothing in my analogy said anything about a successor. My analogy is spot on.

It is absolutely laughable and scary at the same time that you can look at the transcript or listen to his words and not think he was poisoning the thoughts of those players towards the administration and their future as a Husker football team. His actions are almost classic abusive actions in a relationship.

LOL....What?????

We are talking about a guy who absolutely had no respect for any of us as fans. He had absolutely NO respect for anyone above him that even thought of questioning him (Except maybe TO.....maybe). And you call MY post about him in poor taste?

Sorry if you can't see it. But, his actions are EXACTLY in line with an abusive relationship. His relationship with these players and program had NOTHING to do with the program or the players. It ALWAYS was about him in his mind.

I supported him every single day he was here until I had my eyes opened half way through his last year. It's amazing to me the people who are absolutely blind to his actions in this.

Pfffft....an abusive relationship. So many exaggerations in this post. Stop being a drama queen.

Yeah, I know. That's what I was referring to...the analogy. And to support it you had to exaggerate with extremist qualifiers..."absolutely NO respect"(x2)..."ANY of us"..."EXACTLY"..."NOTHING"..."ALWAYS"

You must be feeling a lot of pain if you have to peg the meter in every direction. If you can't get that restraining order perhaps you should seek counseling

• Fire 1

OK, you asked for it. Pretty much all the Catholics in Lincoln. Bo bought Pius X a brand new turf football field out of his own pocket. Pretty much all the parents and players on his kids' youth sports teams. Pretty much everyone who he interacted with on a personal basis.

That's the type of information that never gets out in the sorry media. Mostly because the so-called journalists are too lazy, but also because of Pelini's character.

Pelini absolutely nailed the stooge administration and certain fans in that tape. The truth hurt their fragile egos.

But, some fans gotta agenda the man. Bash him to prop up their fragile egos.

2003-2007 deja vu! It sucks to see the Nebraska football program regress again, for the same, stupid reasons.

Pettit ignores that:

LOL....this is akin to:

Translation....

HAHAHAHA! I'm sorry I said anything. If I knew it would upset and confuse you so much I would've kept quiet.

LOL...Whose upset? You basically have said you judged his character on the fact you

interacted with Bo on several occasions. We actually have quite a few mutual friends.

You then go on to actually act like you know he is a pretty cool guy away from sports bla bla bla....

Then, when you get laughed at on that, you change the story to.....

I shook his hand and said hello a couple times. I doubt if he would remember my name if he saw me.

• Fire 3

Pettit ignores that:

LOL....this is akin to:

LOL....What?????

Yeah, I know. That's what I was referring to...the analogy. And to support it you had to exaggerate with extremist qualifiers..."absolutely NO respect"(x2)..."ANY of us"..."EXACTLY"..."NOTHING"..."ALWAYS"

You must be feeling a lot of pain if you have to peg the meter in every direction. If you can't get that restraining order perhaps you should seek counseling

Sorry if I hurt your feelings.

But, his actions ARE the same as an abusive husband that tries to convince the wife that life will just be horrible without him and everyone else in the world is out to get her and you can't trust anyone.

If you can't see that, then....well.....

Did you want Solich fired in '03?

I wish he would never have been hired as HC and Byrne would have been able to hire the coach he wanted. A coach that has won 80% of his games.

What coach was that?

The Solich haters think Byrne was going to get Stoops.

So you don’t think Byrne’s hands were tied and Solich was his top choice?

And I’m not a Solich hater; his service to the University is admirable and he was a great Running Backs coach. I’m just someone who never thought he was the best choice to take over the program and wished then and still do that we would have hired someone else (from that staff or from outside the program).

Thanks though.

That expresses how I feel about Solich better than I could have myself. He did admirable work on TO's staff, and he was a gamer as a ball player (from what I've read). But I wasn't keen on seeing him take over as head coach. Oh well. It's water under the bridge. Frank recovered, and put together a nice body of work at Ohio.

Frank put together a really nice body of work as HC of the Huskers. A very underappreciated body of work.

That 7-7 season in 2002 was pretty fantastic!

Frank didn't recruit nearly well enough. Can you really say that the team Callahan took over had 1997 talent on it still? Regardless, Frank wasn't fired for his record. He was fired for his poor recruiting and his extra curricular activities.

I see your problem. Your standard for Solich was "1997 Talent and Performance" every year. That's delusional.

Callahan's '04 roster had 14 guys on the defensive side that would later sign NFL contracts. 4 years in, Callahan was still fielding as many as 7 Solich recruits on the offensive side of the ball.

But you still pine for Billy, don't ya?

And of course people ignore the large % of Nebraska native talent, including a significant number of walkons, that were part of that '97 depth chart.

At some point, wasn't every single skill player on offense from Nebraska?