My 3 Game Prediction

Let me start off by saying I've always been a very pessimistic fan. Always fearing for the worst/hoping for the best. I've been ripped on in the past about this, people suggesting I be a Cubs fan and such things. But it comes from a place of caring too much about the team I love. I'm a worrier and that extends to my fandom.

For example I always had App. State on my mind even when we played 1-AA teams.

Even in my worst doomsday chicken little day dreams didn't I see this season going so badly. I thought worst case, a 4 win season, Illinois and Purdue among the "for sure wins". That's what made the Illi game hurt so much.

This pessimism is why my current hunch is so surprising even to myself.

I see us upsetting Michigan State, we're only a 5 point dog last time I checked. (Somebody obviously see something I don't). Riley made a living out of upsetting USC and other big names.

Beat Rutgers,

And then things start to look up, some optimism even on here about the future not just about next year but maybe even a bowl this year. Perhaps even the fire Riley stuff dies down a bit.

This will continue into the 3rd quarter of the Iowa game, we'll be ahead, but then as the 4th rolls around weird things start happening and we lose in a last second heart-breaking manner, perfectly encapsulating our season as sort of a 3 game microcosm.

• Fire 2

Vegas also had us as favorites over Northwestern and Purdue. I can tell you Vegas has no idea WTF they are talking about with the Huskers for the last few years. Betting against the Huskers to beat the spread has been easy money for anyone so inclined. (I don't because I can't bring myself to bet against them, but the money is there to be made.)

The "Riley is due for his upset" ideology is flawed. Tired of hearing it. Let's hope we lose by 40 and start firing some coordinators

Wow..I am just as upset as everyone else but as a fan I have never hoped we would lose a game, let alone by 40. Can't believe people would say stuff like that and consider themselves a fan. Always root for your team no matter what. GBR!!

I don't think an 'upset' is likely. this team (MSU) is too experienced and will be cool under duress. It will take a mirable of near Biblical proportions frankly. Everyone should be sure the have at least two seperate recordings of this game set up and ready because if we win this, it may be one of the greatest Husker wins in history! this could be like one of those historic moments in time where everyone will always remember (e.g. 9/11; D Day, Pearl Harbor, the 1996 Fiesta Bowl, etc.) This could one of those unforgettable times over a lifetime.

Or, then again, it may be something one can never forget, no matter how hard you try!

If you ever had even a minimum of religious faith, I suggest you start praying now and continue uninterrupted untill about 11 PM tonight!

The "Riley is due for his upset" ideology is flawed. Tired of hearing it. Let's hope we lose by 40 and start firing some coordinators

Wow..I am just as upset as everyone else but as a fan I have never hoped we would lose a game, let alone by 40. Can't believe people would say stuff like that and consider themselves a fan. Always root for your team no matter what. GBR!!

I'm rooting for the team, my fear, and this may be silly, is that an upset tonight over Sparty somehow validate that smug AD Eichorst. I think most of us see the opposite in last week's loss to Purdue as that was aomost the invalidating of the whole thing.

Incidentally this would be the game that the Huskers rolled into at 8-1, at home, on national TV, against of quality opponent, and laid a Paleozoic Era dinosaur egg for all to see.

• 2 weeks later...