Where has this team been all year?

Apathy

I'm still up watching the Cal/Oregon game still on this high from the HUGE win against a top 10 team.....plus waiting for the wife to come home so I can hump her haha.

Anyways this team came out with a mission tonight against the #7 team in the country. They showed fire, passion, motivation, played physical football, and most of all they were aggressive. I saw players flying to the ball on defense, more gang tackles and our secondary for the most part played better, not great but better than what we've seen all season. That last play where Connor Cook threw away was because of our coverage in the secondary so give them props. Cook is a hell of a QB and we did our job when we needed to. Our offensive of line came to play and were pushing people over and hey, we actually rushe for over a 100 yards lol.

This is what this team should come out and play every single game. Could you image what our record would be like if they had played like they did today for EVERY. SINGLE. GAME?!?! We saw a glimpse of that against BYU, Minnesota, Wisconsin and today.

We played discipline football today in the second half were Michigan State had 6 penalties to our.......ZERO.

If this team keeps playing physical football like they did today, man the sky is the limit and we'll be pretty unstoppable. We just need to clean up the secondary a little bit more and keep pounding the rock and the wins will come our way.

We have a great opportunity to win out and go 6-6 and to a bowl game. I would love to beat another undefeated top 10 team in Iowa when they come to town but we need to take this momentum into Rutgers next week and pull out another win.

Awesome win and lets keep this momentum rolling boys......GO BIG RED!!!

• Fire 4

I don't know where they've been but man am I happy they showed up against Sparty. Riley needed this win badly, he needed to prove that his culture and system can work. With how this game played out, getting close wasn't going to be good enough because the topic wouldn't be, "well we kept it close against a top 10 team" it would've been, "What the heck was Langsdorf thinking calling two pass plays on 1st and goal at the 4!?!?". It really can not be overstated just how huge this win is, and to do it on primetime TV, with all the recruits in for the weekend made it even bigger.

As disappointing as this season has been, this win was one of the most satisfying games I've watched the last few years. What seemed like a lost season, is now filled with hope again. I'm happy I can now look forward to football Saturday's, instead of dreading them.