Mavric

Nebraska High School Players - Class of 2017

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3510581/highlights/314936439/v2

This is 6'8 Logan Strom out of Norfolk. He's a close friend of mine and I told him I'd help him out by getting some views on his tape. He's already been in contact with Tim Miles since Basketball is his number 1 sport. He didn't get as many targets as he should have this year but I think the number will go up quite a bit next year! Thanks to anyone who takes their time to watch it :)

Kid has athletic gifts for sure--work ethic I'm not sure about, everything has come pretty easy for him in his life. Could be a D1 Tackle imo but never could give up handling the ball. Probably best if he pursues bball but he didn't have near the year most thought he would. I would guess he lands up north with Hagedorn.

you seem to know a lot about him. I used to teach a Norfolk public. Strom was only a 6th grader when I stopped teaching so I don't really know him. A friend that still teaches there doesn't really care for any of the Jr's on the team says they are a real arrogant bunch. He says that Matt Hagadorn is going to be better and most likely bigger than his brother.

I'm friends with a couple of the juniors on the team, I will admit that a couple of them are cocky. But when it comes to sports with Strom, he will work harder than almost anyone I know. He wants to succeed. Not sure how much Mary Pats knows about him but I can tell you that I wouldn't guess that he ends up playing with Hagedorn again.

Differing points of view as I am a father not a peer. Logan works hard at being funny not getting bigger, faster, stronger. This basketball season was super disappointing, had all those Juniors been working hard Lane wouldn't have to get pissed and take over the last 5 minutes to win the games that shouldn't have been that close. Don't get me wrong, they are all good kids but they could be so much better. Logan should be dominating and he is not!

IMG OG Broc Bando - formerly of Lincoln Southeast - has offers from Louisville and Mississippi State.

Visited Nebraska's practice Tuesday.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3510581/highlights/314936439/v2

This is 6'8 Logan Strom out of Norfolk. He's a close friend of mine and I told him I'd help him out by getting some views on his tape. He's already been in contact with Tim Miles since Basketball is his number 1 sport. He didn't get as many targets as he should have this year but I think the number will go up quite a bit next year! Thanks to anyone who takes their time to watch it :)

Kid has athletic gifts for sure--work ethic I'm not sure about, everything has come pretty easy for him in his life. Could be a D1 Tackle imo but never could give up handling the ball. Probably best if he pursues bball but he didn't have near the year most thought he would. I would guess he lands up north with Hagedorn.

you seem to know a lot about him. I used to teach a Norfolk public. Strom was only a 6th grader when I stopped teaching so I don't really know him. A friend that still teaches there doesn't really care for any of the Jr's on the team says they are a real arrogant bunch. He says that Matt Hagadorn is going to be better and most likely bigger than his brother.

I'm friends with a couple of the juniors on the team, I will admit that a couple of them are cocky. But when it comes to sports with Strom, he will work harder than almost anyone I know. He wants to succeed. Not sure how much Mary Pats knows about him but I can tell you that I wouldn't guess that he ends up playing with Hagedorn again.
Differing points of view as I am a father not a peer. Logan works hard at being funny not getting bigger, faster, stronger. This basketball season was super disappointing, had all those Juniors been working hard Lane wouldn't have to get pissed and take over the last 5 minutes to win the games that shouldn't have been that close. Don't get me wrong, they are all good kids but they could be so much better. Logan should be dominating and he is not!
Not sure if there has been anything on Twitter, but he is currently visiting Wake Forest

Really happy to see so many kids in Nebraska getting noticed. Maybe a shot to start putting Nebraska on the map for football and increase the competitiveness in the area.

So who do we think is the next Nebraska kid to get an offer? I'm assuming that it will be after they come in to camp so that we can get a first hand look/measurements?

We gonna offer any of these OL prospects or what?

Anyone specific you thinkin about?

Kevin Williams is a massive OT, on the not OL i would like Logan Strom a 6'8 TE who is extremely athletic

Turman is the coach at Skutt, is he not?

Tim Turman at bishop Neumann. Matt Turman at Skutt. Tim is Matts dad if i recall correctly.

Kevin Williams is a massive OT, on the not OL i would like Logan Strom a 6'8 TE who is extremely athletic

Think the TE might be a plan c kinda guy. Don't see any lineman that have received a single offer from a program even close to the level of NU. Guessing that one will be a late bloomer and get a last minute offer - assuming we aren't full by late January.

Think the TE might be a plan c kinda guy. Don't see any lineman that have received a single offer from a program even close to the level of NU. Guessing that one will be a late bloomer and get a last minute offer - assuming we aren't full by late January.

Nevada has had a pretty good OL i believe

Kittrell (sp?)

Really not sure if anyone else will get an offer. Unless it's a late one like this past year.

Is he the one who hurt his knee? Any chance we are waiting to evaluate him at a camp this summer to see how the injury is progressing?

Kittrell (sp?)

Really not sure if anyone else will get an offer. Unless it's a late one like this past year.

Is he the one who hurt his knee? Any chance we are waiting to evaluate him at a camp this summer to see how the injury is progressing?

Yes and that's the plan.

Absolutely, no doubt about it that UCLA is getting a little touchy about N going after their recruits in Cali. McClure was in Nebraska today to visit Logan Strom. Not a knock on Strom either.

• Upvote 1

Come on...no one is wasting time, resources and effort to come and recruit out of spite or jealousy.

Back it up for a second. No one is saying that.

They are taking a chance that there is nothing to see though. And just maybe they are doing it because of the reason I listed.

Also, yes they have been recruiting Nebraska.... Mostly highly rated players though. Not unranked prospects.

McClure and UCLA have actively recruited Nebraska for years, this isn't out of the norm.

Weird wording if Angus has been there so frequently...

https://twitter.com/bwfootballcoach/status/727155535397556224

It's not everyday, it's about once a year. Angus usually makes a stop around top Neb programs, especially the Omaha circuit. BellWest has been one of the top programs and currently has some of the better players, it'd be silly not to make that one of his Omaha stops.

McClure and UCLA have actively recruited Nebraska for years, this isn't out of the norm.

It's not everyday, it's about once a year. Angus usually makes a stop around top Neb programs, especially the Omaha circuit. BellWest has been one of the top programs and currently has some of the better players, it'd be silly not to make that one of his Omaha stops.

Okay, fair enough.

All I'm saying is they have extra motivation to recruit the area right now. Hard to disagree with that.

He was at BellWest May 8th, 2015 in case you were wondering. And they didn't have any highly rated players last year.

Okay, fair enough.

All I'm saying is they have extra motivation to recruit the area right now. Hard to disagree with that.

I'm sure they'd like to steal one, but unfortunately for us we dont have the options for them they do for us. Ha!