University of Misery

Looks like Amherst is joining the Social Injustice movement...

What's President Biddy Martin to do?

"2. We demand Cullen Murphy ‘74, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, to issue a statement of apology to students, alumni and former students, faculty, administration, and staff who have been victims of several injustices including but not limited to our institutional legacy of white supremacy, colonialism, anti-black racism, anti-Latinx racism, anti-Native American racism, anti-Native/ indigenous racism, anti-Asian racism, anti-Middle Eastern racism, heterosexism, cis-sexism, xenophobia, anti-Semitism, ableism, mental health stigma, and classism"

http://www.amherstsoul.com/post/133122838315/amherst-uprising-what-we-stand-for

Unless the football team walks out, I'm betting not a lot will happen.

The real takeaway from the Missouri case is that a football team got a college president ousted. This won't be the last time this happens. It's going to fundamentally change college football.

The real takeaway from the Missouri case is that academia is fundamentally changing. For the worse.

Regarding Amherst and football, well frankly, I would guess they find football offensive.

Looks like Amherst is joining the Social Injustice movement...

What's President Biddy Martin to do?

"2. We demand Cullen Murphy ‘74, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, to issue a statement of apology to students, alumni and former students, faculty, administration, and staff who have been victims of several injustices including but not limited to our institutional legacy of white supremacy, colonialism, anti-black racism, anti-Latinx racism, anti-Native American racism, anti-Native/ indigenous racism, anti-Asian racism, anti-Middle Eastern racism, heterosexism, cis-sexism, xenophobia, anti-Semitism, ableism, mental health stigma, and classism"

http://www.amherstsoul.com/post/133122838315/amherst-uprising-what-we-stand-for

Unless the football team walks out, I'm betting not a lot will happen.

The real takeaway from the Missouri case is that a football team got a college president ousted. This won't be the last time this happens. It's going to fundamentally change college football.

The real takeaway from the Missouri case is that academia is fundamentally changing. For the worse.

Regarding Amherst and football, well frankly, I would guess they find football offensive.

Amherst finds Greek organizations "offensive" as well, having banned all activity last year. The fix just gets more and more obvious and the agendas that much more transparent.

• Fire 2

Late to the discussion here. Well, apart from whatever institutional racism complaint the Mizzou largely African American student body has been issuing, of which I'm still not completely clear on, I am in admiration on how the football team took it to The Power, potentially hitting them where it hurts and what they(The Power) really cares about: namely, The Money. BRAVO! And, as I've said for some years now, re: the issue of players' getting paid, unionizing and what not, well, they(the players) hopefully just realized the only way they will ever get anything done on that front, that is, general strike. It's the only way workers of any ilk have ever gotten anything done for themselves. Can't wait for the bosses to throw you a bone.