QB Zac Taylor

Seriously...... Taylor has been menitoned as a top five quarterback, has been mentioned as a top five quarterback despite being sacked thirty eight times and has the benefit of not only dealing with at least second year receivers, but getting a few really talented ones as well. If Brady Quinn, (average quarterback) Can be mentioned as a heisman canidate, than so can Taylor, not unrealistic.

Did you even watch Notre Dame play last year?

Stats:

Quinn - 292 of 450 for 3919 yards 64.9% completion rate 32 TDS to 7 INTs

Taylor - 237 of 430 for 2653 yards 55.1% completion rate 19 TDs to 12 INTs

That is why Quinn is a Heisman contender and Taylor is not. You can't even compare the two. Now, I'll agree that Quinn had a better supporting cast (i.e. Line), and that is probably a big reason for the better stats for Quinn.

Lets get back to some realism here. Taylor is a good QB, who MAY have a great year in 2006, but that is going to depend on a few things: Better blitz recognition by himself, better protection by his line, more YAC by his receivers, better production in the run game, and even better defensive play. It's going to take about three games before we know anything.

Let's just win the Big 12 North first, then I'll consider starting to talk about championships and heisman contenders.

Did you even watch Notre Dame play last year?

Stats:

Quinn - 292 of 450 for 3919 yards 64.9% completion rate 32 TDS to 7 INTs

Taylor - 237 of 430 for 2653 yards 55.1% completion rate 19 TDs to 12 INTs

That is why Quinn is a Heisman contender and Taylor is not. You can't even compare the two. Now, I'll agree that Quinn had a better supporting cast (i.e. Line), and that is probably a big reason for the better stats for Quinn.

Bingo! Taylor's stats will drastically improve with an improved line.

Exactly... he cant put up good stats when he is in the hospital. I think we are damn lucky he made it through last year, and our luck could run out quickly. Lets Get that o-line goin... sheesh. I see no reason why he wont be a Big12 candidate if he doesnt end up on a stretcher, he should be quite a bit better statistically, but heisman, anything is possible but...well lets just say.... i'll have one of what he's having :wasted cuz that is a pretty long shot imo.

Exactly... he cant put up good stats when he is in the hospital. I think we are damn lucky he made it through last year, and our luck could run out quickly. Lets Get that o-line goin... sheesh. I see no reason why he wont be a Big12 candidate if he doesnt end up on a stretcher, he should be quite a bit better statistically, but heisman, anything is possible but...well lets just say.... i'll have one of what he's having :wasted cuz that is a pretty long shot imo.

:yeah I think he could definately be a BIG XII candidate. If the line improves and , in Taylor's own words, he reads the defenses a little better he could have a very remarkable season. I have doubts about a Heismann canditate, but he should do extremely well.

Exactly... he cant put up good stats when he is in the hospital. I think we are damn lucky he made it through last year, and our luck could run out quickly. Lets Get that o-line goin... sheesh. I see no reason why he wont be a Big12 candidate if he doesnt end up on a stretcher, he should be quite a bit better statistically, but heisman, anything is possible but...well lets just say.... i'll have one of what he's having  :wasted cuz that is a pretty long shot imo.

:yeah I think he could definately be a BIG XII candidate. If the line improves and , in Taylor's own words, he reads the defenses a little better he could have a very remarkable season. I have doubts about a Heismann canditate, but he should do extremely well.

I agree!

In a league that lost quite a few starting qb's, Im betting that he wont be All Big 12 (first team).

I fail to see your logic there. Uhmm, wouldn't all the lost starting QBs give him more room to contend for awards? Or did you mean something like "even though all these players left, i still think he sucks compared to the rest"?

Outside of that point though, I do believe that Taylor has the capacity to be a top 5 QB in the league. If we see the OL drastically improve over last year, and get a lot better consistency from our WRs, and our defense plays solid. I think he could have a breakout year.