POB

Thread Note: The conversation strayed pretty far off the POB topic. Arguments about Callahan and the West Coast Offense? These are fine conversations to have, but not in this thread. Feel free to continue them in the Tangent thread: LINK Carry on.

Yeah. So now there's a post on this thread that questions my understanding of the West Coast Offense, but my totally awesome response is on another thread.

Why can't we just accept that the topic on every thread will wander wherever the discussion of Nebraska football takes us? It's how conversation works.

No one is shocked and confused to find the OP has taken on a life of its own.

Sorry, I was just trying to clean up this thread. There were probably some posts I should have moved, but didn't. And some posts I moved that could have stayed. The problem is, we don't need every single thread on the board polluted with the same crap about how the current staff should be fired, and we should only run fullback traps and our passing game should consist only of the Black 41 Flash Reverse Pass. (Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit.) Equally frustrating are the HB members who bristle and go into attack mode anytime someone dares to criticize the coaches. (Yes, that seems to be happening. lol) It's perfectly fine for folks to hold those opinions, and to express them. But many of the board members find it tiresome to see a handful of posters trot out the same stuff over and over again in every thread on the board. It's fine if people want to start threads about those topics and discuss them there. But we don't need the same stuff in every single thread. This thread is about POB, and the Husker offense or any other aspect of the Husker football that pertains to him.

• Fire 1

Thread Note: The conversation strayed pretty far off the POB topic. Arguments about Callahan and the West Coast Offense? These are fine conversations to have, but not in this thread. Feel free to continue them in the Tangent thread: LINK Carry on.

Yeah. So now there's a post on this thread that questions my understanding of the West Coast Offense, but my totally awesome response is on another thread.

Why can't we just accept that the topic on every thread will wander wherever the discussion of Nebraska football takes us? It's how conversation works.

No one is shocked and confused to find the OP has taken on a life of its own.

Sorry, I was just trying to clean up this thread. There were probably some posts I should have moved, but didn't. And some posts I moved that could have stayed. The problem is, we don't need every single thread on the board polluted with the same crap about how the current staff should be fired, and we should only run fullback traps and our passing game should consist only of the Black 41 Flash Reverse Pass. (Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit.) Equally frustrating are the HB members who bristle and go into attack mode anytime someone dares to criticize the coaches. (Yes, that seems to be happening. lol) It's perfectly fine for folks to hold those opinions, and to express them. But many of the board members find it tiresome to see a handful of posters trot out the same stuff over and over again in every thread on the board. It's fine if people want to start threads about those topics and discuss them there. But we don't need the same stuff in every single thread. This thread is about POB, and the Husker offense or any other aspect of the Husker football that pertains to him.

I get the frustration with individual posters and repetitive topics, but I don't see moving posts and threads solving any of it.

It's just more work for you.

Let it flow, bro.

I think we need to temper our expectations for what POB can do his first year in Riley's offense. Most of the examples people are giving of successful freshman qb's are running a simplified spread offense. Running a pro style offense is much more complicated and usually takes several years to learn.

The last highly recruited qb Riley brought in to run his offense was Sean Mannion (4 star 5.8). His redshirt freshman year was rough,(record was 3 - 9) 18 int to 16 td's. This was with 3 NFL receiver (Brandon cooks, Markus Wheaton, James Rogers). To expect POB to come in and win 8+ games is very optimistic.

Wait wait wait. Are you trying to tell me that a future NFL qb also threw picks during his first year in this system? It wasn't just a "mule" that Riley inherited?

That doesn't align with the propaganda. Going to be interesting see how some folks rewrite that history.

You know what's not going to be interesting?

Your next post.

The truth is often uninteresting to those who don't like the sound of it.

I was right.

• Fire 4