Why Mike Riley should be fired now

Husker Q

We lost 7 games because we have NO DRAFTABLE SENIORS!!!! Get a clue people. The boorish prick that was fired did a piss poor job of recruiting. Riley has to rebuild the talent level to win on a consistant basis.

So if Riley has elite NFL talent...he can win more than 5 games?

Isn't that kind of true of all coaches?

Part of the reason why Saban wins a lot of games every year.

I hear that!
Then translate it to Nebraska and you will see the light.
Good thing we have a great top 5 recruiting class for 2016.....
You are right, it will be pretty good, likely twice as good as we have seen in the last 7 years and maybe as good as a Callahan class.
Yeah.....29th by 247.

And 2 of the top 4 being brought on by the previous staff.

The last staff was out before the last class was signed, you are always good for a funny! hint, rankings mean nothing in November... last staff....Ha... Ha... ha.. ha..
So, are you saying that Rairdon and Brokop didn't commit to the previous staff?
I sometimes think we shouldn't count any of them until they actually show up and enroll in school.
True enough, lots of minds change up to signing day.
Heck, even being a huge Husker fan, and if I were a legacy, I probably wouldn't play for the Riley clown show. Good point.

But you predictably failed to answer the original question.

Most every one who is associated with football at any level says they would want their kid to play for Coach Riley. The have been quoted time and time again.

Link?

And before you link, please answer the original question, TIA.

Don't be lazy,look it up, its pretty easy.

We lost 7 games because we have NO DRAFTABLE SENIORS!!!! Get a clue people. The boorish prick that was fired did a piss poor job of recruiting. Riley has to rebuild the talent level to win on a consistant basis.

I hear that!
You are right, it will be pretty good, likely twice as good as we have seen in the last 7 years and maybe as good as a Callahan class.

Yeah.....29th by 247.

The last staff was out before the last class was signed, you are always good for a funny! hint, rankings mean nothing in November... last staff....Ha... Ha... ha.. ha..

I sometimes think we shouldn't count any of them until they actually show up and enroll in school.

Heck, even being a huge Husker fan, and if I were a legacy, I probably wouldn't play for the Riley clown show. Good point.

Most every one who is associated with football at any level says they would want their kid to play for Coach Riley. The have been quoted time and time again.

Great! This guarantees that we will have a class full of 5 star recruits!

That would be grand wouldn't it.

I hear that!
Yeah.....29th by 247.

Link?

And before you link, please answer the original question, TIA.

Didn't think so.

Ok, troll on.

Evidently all those kids found a way to go somewhere else, regardless of their parents' wishes. Anyhow, I am calling you a first class champion BSer, RADAR, until you show us the link backing up this assertion. Upon furnishing the link, you will receive my sincere apologies...remember, it has to be "most everyone" or else that NFL wide receiver's kid has to sign with Nebraska. :thumbs

By the way, I expect to see you reveal your true identity on ShaggyTexas sometime after the bowl games. I'm guessing you are Randolph Duke or similar. :D

I hear that!

Yeah.....29th by 247.

Googled your sentence first 3 results non relevant. 4th result coach riley supporters are wrong. Maybe you are using Yahoo?

Results...

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/they-said-it-nebraska-coach-mike-riley-players-after-the/article_9bbf900e-6fb4-11e5-b061-c3afbbcd76c4.html

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/shatel-from-recruiting-to-play-calling-nu-coach-mike-riley/article_d4293b30-f60c-5054-b520-468523ffdd05.html

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/football/2015/riley-like-husker-coaches-before-him-knows-trust-takes-time/article_401f8d43-ec5b-5616-93f0-ef2d05fe4625.html

http://www.knowitallfootball.com/2015/10/11/nebraskas-mike-riley-supporters-wrong/

Didn't think so.

Ok, troll on.

*series of previously quoted posts truncated*

You guys BOTH got 30-day suspensions for this exact sort of catfighting not very long ago. You were both told in no uncertain terms to shape up, or ship out. And here we are, 2 weeks into your returns.

Please, advise me on how we should proceed.

• Fire 2

I don't see how the multiple threads about whether Riley should have been hired, whether he should immediately be fired, etc. are productive. Riley is here now. He'll be here for at least 2-3 more seasons. So undermining him, talking about what a loser he is, mocking him, etc. are all a complete waste of time...and one that runs the potential of creating a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I like Coach Riley. I think he's a welcome breath of fresh air after the cancer that was our previous coach. I like his attitude toward football, the players, the fans, and life. I was disappointed that we lost so many games this year, but encouraged by how close we seemed to winning so many of them. I was disappointed by how the season started, but encouraged by how it ended. This is a guy who gets the culture here and the "Nebraska Way." So I'll be rooting like hell for Coach Riley and this staff to succeed here. And if a few years pass, they haven't, and it's time to move on, I'll still respect him for being a classy, gentle, and decent man. And I'll wish that more of the fans had treated him with the respect that he showed them, the players, the program, and the State.

• Fire 2

I don't see how the multiple threads about whether Riley should have been hired, whether he should immediately be fired, etc. are productive. Riley is here now. He'll be here for at least 2-3 more seasons. So undermining him, talking about what a loser he is, mocking him, etc. are all a complete waste of time...and one that runs the potential of creating a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I like Coach Riley. I think he's a welcome breath of fresh air after the cancer that was our previous coach. I like his attitude toward football, the players, the fans, and life. I was disappointed that we lost so many games this year, but encouraged by how close we seemed to winning so many of them. I was disappointed by how the season started, but encouraged by how it ended. This is a guy who gets the culture here and the "Nebraska Way." So I'll be rooting like hell for Coach Riley and this staff to succeed here. And if a few years pass, they haven't, and it's time to move on, I'll still respect him for being a classy, gentle, and decent man. And I'll wish that more of the fans had treated him with the respect that he showed them, the players, the program, and the State.

I sincerely doubt we see Riley for 2-3 more years, especially if next year is more of the same. POB better come in and come ready to play, or Riley's seat is going to get hot, fast.

As for Riley being a nice guy--yes, he's a nice face for Husker football, and he's doing well in the PR department. But if we just want a nice guy winning PR battles, then Eichorst should have made Riley hire competent coordinators, and not Langsdorf and Banker, and had Riley just be the CEO of the team, not unlike how Mack Brown coached at Texass.

Hell, I'd honestly prefer we go that route, and 'persuade' Riley to replace his coordinators and certain position coaches (e.g. secondary, Special Teams), and move to more of a CEO role, and let his Coordinators handle the day-to-day. It's worked for other programs...don't see why it wouldn't work in Lincoln. And it allows Riley to stay on longer, too.