Meet Nebraska's Two Tommy Armstrongs

eightlaces

It's very difficult to take this post seriously when considering the QBs Pelini brought into the system. Carnes, Turner, Green? We were handing out schollies like candy to QB prospects only to have them come here and not be any good at all. Pelini was bringing in QBs that didn't even fit his scheme or what he wanted to do.

We could go throw and pick out highly rated quarterbacks from every team in the country that didn't pan out. And they did all fit his scheme, but they weren't as good as Taylor Martinez.

In relationship to the OP:

3. Does NU not have any QB behind TA that is even reasonably prepared to play in a Power 5 conference? If not Why?

- No, because Bo Pelini's roster management/recruitment was horrible and we're seeing the results of it. If Armstrong's an efficient QB, Nebraska nudges out Iowa for the nation's love this year. If given the option, I'd take an 80 percent healthy Armstrong over a completely healthy Fyfe (and this choice has been made).

That has nothing to do with it. Pelini/Beck ran a completely different system than Riley/Langsdorf do. That's all it comes down to. The QBs on the roster under Bo were there to run his system, including Stanton. They don't fit into what the new coaches are trying to do and the new coaches couldn't integrate the running QB into their offense.

It's very difficult to take this post seriously when considering the QBs Pelini brought into the system. Carnes, Turner, Green? We were handing out schollies like candy to QB prospects only to have them come here and not be any good at all. Pelini was bringing in QBs that didn't even fit his scheme or what he wanted to do.

Except Martinez and Armstrong (and likely a couple of players in the system now, but maybe soon not to be).

Unfortunately they are a package deal. Would this staff have benched him after his 5th interception?

Think about the fact that Nebraska could've very well won if not for that tipped pick-six. Tommy locked onto his man again and didn't see the read by Iowa's LB.

Do you realize that it wasn't an LB who picked off that pass?

TA didn't "lock into his man" on screen that resulted in the pick six. He threw to the guy who should have been open, but Alex Lewis blew his block. And that guy made a great play on the ball. It happens. But from a "read" perspective, TA made the correct throw.

Why are you throwing Lewis under a bus?

I wouldn't say that's throwing Lewis under the bus. That guy was his to block and he didn't get him cut like he was supposed to. It was a bad play on Lewis' part. It was worse on TA's.

Totally agree, by CM likes to label many of us as "player haters" for criticizing players.

Well unfortunately, criticism comes with accepting a scholarship to play big boy college football. I have 100 percent respect for college athletes off the field until they give me a reason not to, but their performance on the field/court, etc. is always up for critique.

More so with coaches, yet you and others consistently scapegoat players (like you did when Cally was here). It's annoying to the rest of us who can see what a trainwreck is happening in Lincoln right now.

Then why are you wasting your time on this board? Shouldn't you put together a portfolio for presentations considering there are a ton of schools that need new leadership in place? Think of all of the disasters you could thwart with your ability to see into the future after less than one full season of analysis. You could charge millions.

Also, it seems like you're the one who can't get over Callahan. You bring him up practically every time we exchange words.

• Fire 1

Unfortunately they are a package deal. Would this staff have benched him after his 5th interception?

Think about the fact that Nebraska could've very well won if not for that tipped pick-six. Tommy locked onto his man again and didn't see the read by Iowa's LB.

TA didn't "lock into his man" on screen that resulted in the pick six. He threw to the guy who should have been open, but Alex Lewis blew his block. And that guy made a great play on the ball. It happens. But from a "read" perspective, TA made the correct throw.

I bring news from the North!

CmVbBqL.png

I must say, you keep me going, cm. Only someone with a ton of time and effort can properly hate like you.

From the page where you got that pic:

2014 - - Redshirted . . . moved from linebacker to defensive end late in the season.

Link

Late in the 2014 season, sure. I'm addressing 2015.

And he's still there. On the depth chart. In 2015. As has already been pointed out.

Or, one need only watch the play to see he was lined up at DE.

Man, just a tad more air under the ball and I don't think anyone tackles Newby. :(

I've watched that play, and I only count 8 Iowa defenders in the screen. I think they dropped 3 deep there. At the very least, both corners immediately dropped. Both of them would have had a chance to make a play, as would have the free safety who was flowing to Newby (Jano was already climbing past him).

Oddly, though, I think Iowa may have had only 10 men on the field. Unless they had 5th DB dropped very deep presnap (unlikely).

I bring news from the North!

CmVbBqL.png

I must say, you keep me going, cm. Only someone with a ton of time and effort can properly hate like you.

From the page where you got that pic:

2014 - - Redshirted . . . moved from linebacker to defensive end late in the season.

Link

Late in the 2014 season, sure. I'm addressing 2015.

And he's still there. On the depth chart. In 2015. As has already been pointed out.

Or, one need only watch the play to see he was lined up at DE.

Lol. Glorious.