9 Huskers Make All-B1G Lists

Mavric

All-Big Ten Honorees

Sam Foltz, Junior, Punter
Eddleman-Fields Punter of the Year
First-Team All-Big Ten Punter (Coaches, Media)

Drew Brown, Sophomore, Place-Kicker
Second-Team All-Big Ten (Media)
Honorable-Mention All-Big Ten (Coaches)

Maliek Collins, Junior, Defensive Tackle
Second-Team All-Big Ten (Coaches)
Third-Team All-Big Ten (Media)

Nate Gerry, Junior, Safety
Third-Team All-Big Ten (Media)

Joshua Kalu, Sophomore, Cornerback

Huskers.com

For reference, here are the current Huskers who made the lists last year (they added a third-team this year):

Coaches:

Collins - 2nd Team

Foltz - Honorable Mention

Gerry - Honorable Mention

Lewis - Honorable Mention

Media:

Gerry - 2nd Team

Collins - Honorable Mention

Lewis - Honorable Mention

Congrats to these kids. A real shame that some others didn't get the honors that I think they would have but for the disruption of a staff change and a losing record.

Honors tend to follow team performance (weirdly). NU and Indiana being the exceptions this year.

Who else do you think should have been honored?

Lewis for one. I think more HMs would have gone to defenders too.

Congrats to these kids. A real shame that some others didn't get the honors that I think they would have but for the disruption of a staff change and a losing record.

Honors tend to follow team performance (weirdly). NU and Indiana being the exceptions this year.

The offense gets named tomorrow.

I don't see how more defenders should have been honored, given how craptastic the D was all year.

I don't see how more defenders should have been honored, given how craptastic the D was all year.

My bad. Should have realized that with westy not getting named. He should be a first teamer I would think.

My bad. Should have realized that with westy not getting named. He should be a first teamer I would think.

Westy is only 6th in the conference on receiving yards per game, and 10th in receptions per game. I think he's headed towards Honorable Mention.

EDIT - Had the two categories mixed up. Now changed.

Westy is only 10th in the conference on receiving yards per game, and 6th in receptions per game. I think he's headed towards Honorable Mention.

Maybe so... Still, if a coach had to pick a team, what receivers would go ahead of him?

Westy is only 10th in the conference on receiving yards per game, and 6th in receptions per game. I think he's headed towards Honorable Mention.

Maybe so... Still, if a coach had to pick a team, what receivers would go ahead of him?

I don't watch much Big Ten football, because I think it's terrible to watch. But, Burbridge from Michigan State is a total stud. Jehu Chesson has slightly better stats than Westy, and leads the league in TD receptions.

Maybe Westy can sneak in at 2nd team.