2016 Record

TGHusker

If the defense plays the way they dd against MSU, Rutgers, and Iowa all next year I could see maybe another 2-3 wins.

Yes, I would say that may be the surprising silver lining. The D did play better towards the end. However, yardage wise MSU still laid it on them but they got the stops when needed. At the beginning of the year, I was expecting some blow outs after seeing the poor pass defense, lack of sacks, etc. But outside of Purdue embarrassing us through 3 quarters, the D kept us within range. With Collins jumping to the NFL possibly, I hope the Davis twins are as good as advertised - we'll need them.

TGHusker or anyone; which one of these B1G games was the the added game to complete the new B1G policy of holding 9 conference games, do you know?

It would be one of the games from the East division

Thanks. StPaulHusker. +1 for being courteous.

TGHusker or anyone; which one of these B1G games was the the added game to complete the new B1G policy of holding 9 conference games, do you know?

I'm thinking it must have been OSU. We had not played Maryland, Indiana yet - so they were scheduled to be in the East/West rotation.

• Fire 1

I'm thinking it must have been OSU. We had not played Maryland, Indiana yet - so they were scheduled to be in the East/West rotation.

Probably OSU. But I think the way the schedules were set before this was implemented, we weren't going to play Indiana for a while either. I might not be remembering it correctly, though.

• Fire 1

Since our schedule has 9 wins built into it and a monkey could coach this team to 9 wins, I'll say .500 +/- 1 game.

Where are 9 wins built in? We have a very difficult schedule for next year. People said this even when Bo was here

IDK, ask those who used that narrative over the last 7 seasons in an attempt to discredit the previous staff.

09/03 Fresno State Lincoln / WIN

09/10 Wyoming Lincoln / LOSE

09/17 Oregon Lincoln / WIN

09/24 #Northwestern Evanston / LOSE

10/01 #Illinois Lincoln / LOSE

10/15 #Indiana Bloomington / LOSE

10/22 #Purdue Lincoln / WIN

10/29 #Wisconsin Madison / LOSE

11/05 #Ohio State Columbus / WIN

11/12 #Minnesota Lincoln / LOSE

11/19 #Maryland Lincoln / WIN

11/25 #Iowa Iowa City / WIN

6 wins, upsets but losses to those we should not have. This is just me guessing however I would expect an equally frustrating result. The Oregon and Ohio State wins will get him another year.

Seriously though we have a decent shot at 7 or 8 wins.

Kaz, you are bold wt those OSU & Oregon wins. Let's stick our neck way out there.

Yes we have a decent shot at 7-8 wins but I hope that won't be the new normal. I may be a bit to pessimistic wt my 6-6 record, it has got to get better wt the large red shirt class being available.