Top 10 plays that defined the Husker Season

My list...from 10 down to 1

10. The win against Minny: I think this win was deemed as such a big-turning point-program changing win, that what followed later really hurt even more.

9. MSU win: Talk about a up-down year

8. BYU Hail Mary: Sign of things to come?

7. Illini 3rd down play: Yikes

6. Not a play but the weird eerie feeling around that game. Maybe it was just me but it seemed dead

5. The wisconsin missed FG: I totally thought luck was on our side

4. Two long Iowa TD runs: Looked like Pelini was back

3. Illini WR getting behind the defense: This game cost me lots of cash!

2. Wisconsin made FG: ouch!

1. Purdue game

• Fire 1

10. The win against Minny: I think this win was deemed as such a big-turning point-program changing win, that what followed later really hurt even more.

6. Not a play but the weird eerie feeling around that game. Maybe it was just me but it seemed dead

1. Purdue game

Your #1 isn't a play but I agree. What probably bothers the typical fan the most is losing games that we shouldn't and getting blown out/embarrassed in big games. This staff may have eliminated the latter but if the former becomes a trend, they won't last long.

1. Purdue game

Your #1 isn't a play but I agree. What probably bothers the typical fan the most is losing games that we shouldn't and getting blown out/embarrassed in big games. This staff may have eliminated the latter but if the former becomes a trend, they won't last long.

My list defies the topic of the thread of I started! ha

Pooch kick late against MSU

Because when Husker fans remember the Michigan State game, that's EXACTLY the play that everybody remembers. :rolleyes:

I guess you missed the common thread in my list.

Even in his one big win, Riley made a bonehead endgame coaching decision that almost snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, which pretty much defines this season.

• Fire 1

Because when Husker fans remember the Michigan State game, that's EXACTLY the play that everybody remembers. :rolleyes:

Even in his one big win, Riley made a bonehead endgame coaching decision that almost snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, which pretty much defines this season.

No, I didn't miss it. I just think it's a shame that instead of remembering anything positive about this season, you're choosing only to remember things that corroborate your belief that we have a terrible coaching staff.

• Fire 1

No, I didn't miss it. I just think it's a shame that instead of remembering anything positive about this season, you're choosing only to remember things that corroborate your belief that we have a terrible coaching staff.

I've noticed a lot of people seem to think they have ESP around here.

Apparently you missed the point of the thread, because you're taking it off course. Start a thread about the top ten positive things about the season and I'll list those.

Apparently you missed the point of the thread, because you're taking it off course. Start a thread about the top ten positive things about the season and I'll list those.

My list is chalk full of crap we did badly. But yeah, if your big memory from beating #6 MSU this year is a crappy pooch punt, you are going to the ledge to be a hater.

Pretty similar to what's been posted:

10 - Freedom's sack vs. SMiss - we could easily have lost that game without it

9 - 4th Down vs. Illinois - FG maybe? Different call on 3rd down if you're going for it?

8 - 4th Down vs. Iowa - Didn't learn our lesson, apparently.

7 - FG Miss vs. Wisconsin - They tried to give the game back to us.... we wouldn't take it

6 - Pick Six vs. NW - should have beaten them

5 - Pick Six vs. Iowa - could have finished the season on a high note

4 - 3rd Down vs. Illinois - So much suck.....

3 - OT INT vs. Miami - great comeback wasted

2 - Reilly's TD to beat MSU - controversy and saved one bright spot in the season

1 - Hail Mary vs. BYU - started the whole thing

A lot of things are apparent to you that aren't true.

I'm not taking the thread off course, I'm questioning whether an ultimately inconsequential call is something that you feel actually defined our season, or if it's just something that you listed because it's another opportunity to talk about how much you dislike our coaching staff. I'm pretty much on board with what GSG listed, and a lot of those are negative things.

I'm not taking the thread off course, I'm questioning whether an ultimately inconsequential call is something that you feel actually defined our season, or if it's just something that you listed because it's another opportunity to talk about how much you dislike our coaching staff. I'm pretty much on board with what GSG listed, and a lot of those are negative things.

The season was defined by late game coaching blunders. That's what my list reflected.

And I don't dislike Riley. Your ESP is broken again.

• Fire 1

The season was defined by late game coaching blunders. That's what my list reflected.

I disagree that that's what defined it. I'm well within the scope of the thread to voice that disagreement.

Are you really trying to argue semantics here? Your opinion of Riley (or any of his assistants) as a person is neither here nor there to me. You clearly dislike the fact that they're coaching here, though. I shouldn't have to be that specific.

I disagree that that's what defined it. I'm well within the scope of the thread to voice that disagreement.

Are you really trying to argue semantics here? Your opinion of Riley (or any of his assistants) as a person is neither here nor there to me. You clearly dislike the fact that they're coaching here, though. I shouldn't have to be that specific.

OT. I sent you a PM.