GT: Samford at Nebraska - 6PM CT - BTN

Wow, we are one of the youngest teams in the league with no size. Yes, it was an ugly loss. But some of these posts are unbelievable.

This is Tim's 4th year, so why are the smallest team? Basketball is the easiest sport to turn a program around.

Really! Tell me how?

Is "coach better" an acceptable answer?

Hey, look, I thought they would win 12 games in conference this year...Also, I am not an NU hoops fan I am an Illini Hoops fan and John Groce is in year four and worse than Miles...

Sometimes the answer is really that simple, "Coach better". Better substitution patterns, better scouting, betting starting line ups with the players you have on your team.

Been following husker hoops since the Moe Iba years. Danny showed it can be done at NU!

Wow, we are one of the youngest teams in the league with no size. Yes, it was an ugly loss. But some of these posts are unbelievable.

This is Tim's 4th year, so why are the smallest team? Basketball is the easiest sport to turn a program around.

Really! Tell me how?

You want me to tell you how to turn a program around, is that what you are really asking me?

I am done here! You are too much over the top!

What has Miles done in his coaching career? Are you pinning your hopes on his final 2 years at CSU 20-12 season, and is that what you call turning a program around?

Serious question! Not trolling, just wondering what others see or think they see.

He has built a winning program at every level. Will he do it at Nebraska, don't know. We are the 4th youngest team in D1 basketball. My biggest complaints about the coaching is not having a big man, yet. We brought in Hunter to do this & he has not.

Really! Tell me how?

Hey, look, I thought they would win 12 games in conference this year...Also, I am not an NU hoops fan I am an Illini Hoops fan and John Groce is in year four and worse than Miles...

Sometimes the answer is really that simple, "Coach better". Better substitution patterns, better scouting, betting starting line ups with the players you have on your team.

Been following husker hoops since the Moe Iba years. Danny showed it can be done at NU!

I had season tickets during the Nee era. He could recruit, but could not coach a lick!

Really! Tell me how?

I had season tickets during the Nee era. He could recruit, but could not coach a lick!

He couldn't coach a lick but won the conference and the NIT and got a team nearly ranked in the Top 10.

giphy.gif

Really! Tell me how?

You want me to tell you how to turn a program around, is that what you are really asking me?

What has Miles done in his coaching career? Are you pinning your hopes on his final 2 years at CSU 20-12 season, and is that what you call turning a program around?

Serious question! Not trolling, just wondering what others see or think they see.

He has built a winning program at every level. Will he do it at Nebraska, don't know. We are the 4th youngest team in D1 basketball. My biggest complaints about the coaching is not having a big man, yet. We brought in Hunter to do this & he has not.

Where is that stat coming from? There are multiple teams out there that start 3-4-5 freshmen, and we start two seniors and two juniors.

Really! Tell me how?

Can you tell me what programs he turned around? never mind, no reason to go down this road. one year does not make a turn around

Really! Tell me how?

He couldn't coach a lick but won the conference and the NIT and got a team nearly ranked in the Top 10.

giphy.gif

I understand NU has not been a good basketball school for many years but to think Tim is a doing a good job because of one year at 19-13 is just confusing to say the least.. and you think getting to the NIT is an accomplishment?

Numbers don't lie!

Nebraska Cornhuskers (Big Ten Conference)

(2012–present) 2012–13 Nebraska 15–18 5–13 10th

2013–14 Nebraska 19–13 11–7 4th

2014–15 Nebraska 13–18 5–13 12th

2015–16 Nebraska 7–4 0-0

Nebraska: 54-53 (.505) 21–33 (.389)

and that nearly ranked in the top 10 is hilarious. Last year we started out 21st but by game 5 we were out. At no time were we even remotely close to breaking into the top 10

Cute meme nonetheless

Not sure if you were responding to me or not but I was talking about Nee, not Miles.

Miles said he saw repeated physical mistakes and mental errors. Speaking specifically about struggling for long stretches to run offense against Samford’s basic 2-3 zone, he said:

“Either we don’t know or we don’t care. That’s a pretty harsh reality. You know we start the offense like this, so why don’t we do the little things? Because we don’t care enough. That’s not winning basketball.”

OWH

If by "long stretches" he means the last four years then I agree.

Really! Tell me how?

giphy.gif

I understand NU has not been a good basketball school for many years but to think Tim is a doing a good job because of one year at 19-13 is just confusing to say the least.. and you think getting to the NIT is an accomplishment?

Numbers don't lie!

Nebraska Cornhuskers (Big Ten Conference)

(2012–present) 2012–13 Nebraska 15–18 5–13 10th

2013–14 Nebraska 19–13 11–7 4th

2014–15 Nebraska 13–18 5–13 12th

2015–16 Nebraska 7–4 0-0

Nebraska: 54-53 (.505) 21–33 (.389)

and that nearly ranked in the top 10 is hilarious. Last year we started out 21st but by game 5 we were out. At no time were we even remotely close to breaking into the top 10

Cute meme nonetheless

Not sure if you were responding to me or not but I was talking about Nee, not Miles.

Dang it, sorry I'm an idiot! I need to by a bit closer attention. Sorry!

Really! Tell me how?

Where is that stat coming from? There are multiple teams out there that start 3-4-5 freshmen, and we start two seniors and two juniors.

BTN, one of the stats they showed at the beginning of the game.

Really! Tell me how?

I would lovvvveeee their breakdown. I find that stat very hard to believe (not shooting the messenger, trust me).

Really! Tell me how?

I would lovvvveeee their breakdown. I find that stat very hard to believe (not shooting the messenger, trust me).

They must figure the whole team, including walk-ons. We had 10 new comers and 7 freshman.

Johnny Trueblood

G

6-4

Fr.

Omaha, Neb. (Elkhorn South)

Glynn Watson Jr.

G

6-0

Fr.

Bellwood, Ill. (St. Joseph)

Jack McVeigh

F

6-8

Fr.

Cabarita Beach, NSW, Australia (Australian Institute of Sport)

Bakari Evelyn

G

6-2

Fr.

Detroit, Mich. (Gilbert Christian/Hillcrest Academy)

Michael Jacobson

F

6-8

Fr.

Waukee, Iowa (Waukee, Iowa)

Tanner Borchardt

F

6-8

Fr.

Gothenburg, Neb. (Gothenburg)

Ed Morrow

F

6-7

Fr.

Chicago, Ill. (Simeon)

Malcolm Laws

G

6-1

So.

Orlando, Fla. (Florida Atlantic/Lake Highland Prep)

Nick Fuller

F

6-7

So.

Sun Prairie, Wis.

Jake Hammond

F

6-10

So.

Comanche, Okla. (Comanche)

Tai Webster

G

6-4

Jr.

Auckland, New Zealand (Westlake Boys )

Anton Gill

G

6-3

Jr.

Raleigh, N.C. (Louisville) (Ravenscroft/Hargrave Military Academy)

Andrew White III

G

6-7

Jr.

Richmond, Va. (Kansas) (Miller School)

Shavon Shields

F

6-7

Sr.

Olathe, Kan. (Northwest)

Benny Parker

G